D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn spoke up

"No dragons, but a group of Kobolds are arming up that way. They seem hesitant. I still don't know what Lorenn is up to, but his familiar is around so he's alive at least..."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto looks up at Primus who holds the end of the rope with nowhere to tie it onto. Nevermind, Sesto yells, I’m too heavy for you to pull me up. Just trow it down again. It looks like we will need to go the other way.
Sesto collects the rope and gets ready to join the others.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Tarkol has... No, I don't have any" replied Kalorn. Darnation. No one had pitons?!?

Kalorn saw Mord give him a sign, and Kalorn knew what he wanted. As the otherworldy spell expired, Kalorn gestured sharply with his left hand. A new sphere of darkness appeared in its place - not as big, but large enough to keep the corridor blocked. Occasional tentacles could be seen at the surface, and faint, disburbing sounds came from it.

Action 2X: Cast silent image with misty vision, then enhance it (the sounds) with prestidigitation.

OOC: What does Kalorn see in the kobold room north of us in the "gap" between the spells (ie the switcharoo may not be seamless). Any survivors etc?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kalorn & Mord

As one spell dropped and another took its place, Kalorn could see a few Kobolds scattered further back in the mists of the cavern. A few had survived Mord's horrible doom, but they were not in any hurry to renew the fight. They visibly flinched when he began to cast, and his illusion filled the mouth of the cavern in a way that satisfied him, though if he were to be self-criticial, he found that his sounds and tentacles were far more comical than Mord's had been.

Primus & Sesto

In spite of his telepathic assurances of friendship, Oorapp the Ice Toad continued to flee from Primus, making loud croaking noises. It hopped around the arching corner of the circular corridor. Primus gave up and gathered Sesto's rope, but he could not find anywhere to secure it. While he was searching, he heard the deep rumbling voice of an Ice-Troll from down the corridor.

OOC: Anyone speak Giant? At any rate, they are coming. I will return with a Combat Announcement. I suppose there is time to ready actions or cast buffs or whatever. Feel free to take an action, if you wish.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: From past the slope. (Left on the map). The trolls passed the Ice-Toad as it ran away. They don't always get along, but they don't usually attack each other.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord smirks at first, in response to Kalorn's spellcasting. Then, he gets a dark gleam in his eyes and walks right into the new darkness, though he does seem to carefully step over something nobody else can see as his first step in. A moment later, two bolts of force streak out of the globe, each targeting a different kobold with astounding accuracy.

OOC: Devil's sight. Mord can basically pick off kobolds at will. I rarely get to just go blast from the cover of darkness because his own spell would hurt him itself.

Eldritch Blast: 2#2d20k1+8 26 26 2#1d10+4 11 7

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ooc: that may or may not work because it is an illusion, not the darkness spell... unless you know it's an illusion, then you can see through it... hmmm?

Remove ads