Baldurs Gate 3 apparently in development (with evidence)

Myzzrym

Explorer
Really curious about what the setting is going to be, since it would be kind of hard to pick off where Baldur's Gate 2 ended...

Really curious about what the setting is going to be, since it would be kind of hard to pick off where Baldur's Gate 2 ended...

Pretty sure it will pick up in the "present" FR timeline, with the bhaalspawn dead, bhaal returned, and the eponymous city possibly in Avernus.

I think it's pretty obvious that it will take place around the same time as the new baldurs gate labelled D&D storyline

That also suggests that the game will be released quite soon, while the storyline is fresh.

Ristamar

Adventurer

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you

Also possible! It could even be the exact adventure in DIA...it more than likely won't be, but it could be!

All I do know: Things are going to get really interesting.

No, that is what the Neverwinter MMO is for. It gets all the hardcover adventure content, so another game that does the same thing is very unlikely.

Derren

Hero
The implementation will certainly be interesting.

While Larian has done serious games in the past, the last few ones had a higher comedy ratio than what I would expect from a Baldurs Gate. Also the 5E settings will cause some problem. The lack of rewards is not really suitable for a video games and the time jump means that there is hardly any connection to the old Baldurs Gate, especially as Bhaal is back now, so everything was for naught anyway.

I hope they put in every race from VGTM, every subclass from XGTE, and every subrace from MTOFs and the SCAG and every FR deity.

They'll probably start with mostly PHB stuff and then add the stuff from supplements in DLCs. Like the Neverwinter Nights games did (except with expansions instead of DLCs).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases