D&D 5E Skeletal Dragons

Jimbro

Explorer
So on my blog I'm creating and converting a bunch of new undead for 5e, since there's a CR gap (no undead of CR 6 - 12) and I need LOTS for my game. Next up is skeletal dragons! Let me know what you think of their flavor and mechanics!

You can find the post here: https://worldbuilderblog.me/2017/02/09/skeletal-dragons/

Info is also in the attachment.

Attachments

• Skeletal Dragons.pdf
    673.1 KB · Views: 4,133

aco175

Legend
Quick look shows things look good. I kind of like having them be only one type with their own breath weapon, but still think some will like to have the old color of the dragon influence the abilities and breath type. I would also make the damage vulnerability to bludgeoning weapons work for only magical bludgeoning and give them resistance to normal weapons. If you wanted you could give bludgeoning normal damage and magical ones the double damage. The few large skeletal creatures I threw at the party died quickly from the double damage.

dave2008

Legend
Pretty cool, thank you for sharing. These are simple and to the point, I like them. The only thing I think I would change is the breathweapon. I would just make it necrotic as it would break my sense of fantasy realism to have it be noxious cloud. The shards are OK, but then it should loose HP in my mind and I don't really like that option.

MooreVol

Explorer
I like husks . . . except I'm ok if they never show up in a game I'm playing.

Anyways, any future posts that come with a link to your blog should come with a warning. I went there to read about skeleton dragons and ended up spending much more time reading about Enora and Fidala, the Darkness Domain, traps, and what not.

Xeviat

Hero
Like always, I like monsters that have things that set them apart from simply beating on the player's AC. As a DM, I'd appreciate some abilities to make them a little more interesting, even if it's as simple as the larger ones grappling things with their claws and pinning them down so they're temporarily out of commission. Regular grapples are possible. Beyond is adhoc.

Now, I'm not saying these aren't solid. I do think their HP are a little low, but their high AC could make up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbro

Explorer
I like husks . . . except I'm ok if they never show up in a game I'm playing.

Anyways, any future posts that come with a link to your blog should come with a warning. I went there to read about skeleton dragons and ended up spending much more time reading about Enora and Fidala, the Darkness Domain, traps, and what not.

Hey thanks for the compliment!

Remove ads