Survivor Appendix E (5e) Authors- Ursula K. LeGWINS!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Interesting, but the story of Phantom Menace wasn’t the problem, the text is great. The problem with it was the execution if the story, the texture is so bad that people can’t even see what a great story is being told in the film.

Which I think is what you are saying about Brooks, good Text, bad execution. Is that about right? I’ve never read him.

This also makes me realize that we need a Survivor Fantasy Film thread.

The text for r Phantom Menace appears to have been improved by Brooks input.

His stories are OK I guess, and he produces professionally, unlike so me better writers. Just, from what I've read, sub-pulp quality.

An ironic choice for a downvote, considering that Lynch and Bear are married.

I’ve yet to actually read her work, but I keep meaning to. Maybe I’ll rectify that soon.

Bear, Elizabeth 16
Lynch, Scott 26

Upvote: Lynch, the only author left on this list whose work I've read and actually like.
Downvote: somewhat randomly chosen among the half-dozen or so authors remaining who I've never heard of.

Reynard

Legend
An ironic choice for a downvote, considering that Lynch and Bear are married.

I’ve yet to actually read her work, but I keep meaning to. Maybe I’ll rectify that soon.
I really dislike the idea of randomly choosing authors to downvote. It should not be too difficult to at least do a little research, a quick Google search to see if you recognize their work or if they have won awards or whatever.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Fixing cross-post between me and [MENTION=6796241]OB1[/MENTION]...

Alexander, Lloyd 25
Augusta, Lady Gregory 19
Bear, Elizabeth 16
Brooks, Terry 6
Bulfinch, Thomas 26-2=24
Cook, Glen 22
Froud, Brian & Alan Lee 11
Hodgson, William Hope 16
Jemisin, N.K. 22
Kay, Guy Gavriel 23
LeGuin, Ursula 26
Lynch, Scott 26
McKillip, Patricia 24
Peake, Mervyn 25
Pratchett, Terry 23
Sanderson, Brandon 23+1=24
Smith, Clark Ashton 19
Wolfe, Gene 24

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I really dislike the idea of randomly choosing authors to downvote. It should not be too difficult to at least do a little research, a quick Google search to see if you recognize their work or if they have won awards or whatever.
Doesn't matter what awards they've won, if I've never read anything by each of six different authors they're all to me the same for these purposes. (truth be told, as are most of the rest remaining who I have read; there's only about two or three I'll upvote from here on as all the others I might have supported have long since been knocked out)

bid

First Post
Alexander, Lloyd 25
Augusta, Lady Gregory 19
Bear, Elizabeth 16
Brooks, Terry 4
Bulfinch, Thomas 24
Cook, Glen 22
Hodgson, William Hope 16
Jemisin, N.K. 22
Kay, Guy Gavriel 24
LeGuin, Ursula 26
Lynch, Scott 26
McKillip, Patricia 24
Peake, Mervyn 25
Pratchett, Terry 23
Sanderson, Brandon 24
Smith, Clark Ashton 19
Wolfe, Gene 24

Alexander, Lloyd 25
Augusta, Lady Gregory 19
Bear, Elizabeth 16
Brooks, Terry 4
Bulfinch, Thomas 24
Cook, Glen 22
Hodgson, William Hope 16
Jemisin, N.K. 22
Kay, Guy Gavriel 24 + 1 = 25
LeGuin, Ursula 26
Lynch, Scott 26
McKillip, Patricia 24
Peake, Mervyn 25
Pratchett, Terry 23 - 2 =21
Sanderson, Brandon 24
Smith, Clark Ashton 19
Wolfe, Gene 24

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That means these people are voting for the author and NOT the author's works. This invalidates the entire poll.

Nope! :)

This is the rule for voting here.

"1. This is a pure popularity contest, and is meant to be fun. You can cast your votes for whatever reason you want. Spite, irrational love/hate, strategic voting, and hating all these authors because, dude, they are old ... that's fine! This vote does not affect anything in real life, and no authors will be removed from any future 6e appendix because of your vote. You can comment for the reasons for your vote, or not- up to you! But this is for enjoyment only."

Nagol

Unimportant
Alexander, Lloyd 25
Augusta, Lady Gregory 19
Bear, Elizabeth 16
Brooks, Terry 4-2=2
Bulfinch, Thomas 24
Cook, Glen 22+1=23
Hodgson, William Hope 16
Jemisin, N.K. 22
Kay, Guy Gavriel 25
LeGuin, Ursula 26
Lynch, Scott 26
McKillip, Patricia 24
Peake, Mervyn 25
Pratchett, Terry 21
Sanderson, Brandon 24
Smith, Clark Ashton 19
Wolfe, Gene 24

Nope! :)

This is the rule for voting here.

"1. This is a pure popularity contest, and is meant to be fun. You can cast your votes for whatever reason you want. Spite, irrational love/hate, strategic voting, and hating all these authors because, dude, they are old ... that's fine! This vote does not affect anything in real life, and no authors will be removed from any future 6e appendix because of your vote. You can comment for the reasons for your vote, or not- up to you! But this is for enjoyment only."
Ah, missed that. Well then, this whole thread is a waste of my time. C'ya

Remove ads