D&D 5E Companion Thread to 5E Survivor - Adventures

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm just sad because I'm sure a lot of people haven't checked MiBG out, and if they had I think it would have had a lot more love. Ah well...
Yeah, I get that. I always end up feeling that way about pretty much everything in a Survivor thread. But that's okay! It only feels like rejection. For all the bluster and smack-talking, nobody is really suggesting that MiBG is terrible and needs to be removed from the hobby. (Well, except That GuyTN but nobody cares what he thinks anyway.)

The thing that makes Survivor threads fun for me, is that it pulls all of the forgotten or neglected things out of the shadows where everyone can see them, and sets them equal to the more popular options. The very best Survivor threads to me are the ones where people start posting comments like "oh wow, I forgot about that one!" or "I didn't even know that existed!" followed by all of the things that people love/hate about it. We all know they are going to be eliminated eventually--this isn't a Best In Show contest or an election--but that shouldn't stop us from geeking out about our favorites for an afternoon or two.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Yeah, I get that. I always end up feeling that way about pretty much everything in a Survivor thread. But that's okay! It only feels like rejection. For all the bluster and smack-talking, nobody is really suggesting that MiBG is terrible and needs to be removed from the hobby. (Well, except That GuyTN but nobody cares what he thinks anyway.)

The thing that makes Survivor threads fun for me, is that it pulls all of the forgotten or neglected things out of the shadows where everyone can see them, and sets them equal to the more popular options. The very best Survivor threads to me are the ones where people start posting comments like "oh wow, I forgot about that one!" or "I didn't even know that existed!" followed by all of the things that people love/hate about it. We all know they are going to be eliminated eventually--this isn't a Best In Show contest or an election--but that shouldn't stop us from geeking out about our favorites for an afternoon or two.
Exactly - I had never even heard of MiBG before this actual very thread; and now I'm considering buying it! (or trying to find a dead tree version somewhere since then I'll actually read it)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Exactly - I had never even heard of MiBG before this actual very thread; and now I'm considering buying it! (or trying to find a dead tree version somewhere since then I'll actually read it)
I will recommend the dead tree version if you can find it. The one we got during the Next Playtest had a great DM screen that really enhances play!

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
@RealAlHazred I've noticed in the past few of these survivor threads we seem to vote against each. You just hate me that much? :cool:
Not at all. You have to downvote something! In this thread, I noticed the downvotes for MiBG usually corresponded to an upvote for GoS, so I'm downvoting it since MiBG is gone. Once the good options are all gone, we'll see some more volatility in the results. If you're getting the impression that people vote against you personally, I can assure you that's not so! The only person who people resolutely and constantly vote against is @CleverNickName , probably because of their terrible opinion about pineapple on pizza!

JoeyD473

Adventurer
Not at all. You have to downvote something! In this thread, I noticed the downvotes for MiBG usually corresponded to an upvote for GoS, so I'm downvoting it since MiBG is gone. Once the good options are all gone, we'll see some more volatility in the results. If you're getting the impression that people vote against you personally, I can assure you that's not so! The only person who people resolutely and constantly vote against is @CleverNickName , probably because of their terrible opinion about pineapple on pizza!
@CleverNickName You're one of those huh? That's it. All respect lost for yo. Off with their head!

Remove ads