Discovery Trailer

It sounds like you want it to. The more interesting question is — why?

I mean, I’m interested in a new TV show and plan to check it out, and it seems really important to some people that that not happen.

I’m gonna check it out. I’m not bothered by the shade of their uniforms or the hue of their shoelaces or what the weather was like in that one scene in the trailer. Sorry!

I want to be interested for the same reason I played Mass Effect Andromeda. For reasons explained in Penny Arcade:
i-fV3WqFk-2100x20000.jpg
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2017/03/20

I love Star Trek. I've wanted more since Enterprise went off the air. Before, really, as I didn't enjoy that show's first couple seasons.
But I want more actual Star Trek. Not generic science fiction with the name "Star Trek" slapped overtop...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't get the references in that cartoon.

Yeah, but the question is why do folks seems to be expending so much effort trying to persuade other people that they should not be interested? It's like any expression of interest has to be challenged and beaten down. Some of us just wanna watch it and share our enthusiasm without being told we're wrong because folks so desperate to find something to criticise it have resorted to condemning the weather in a brief scene they saw. It makes fandom feel like a chore, where you have defend your interests constantly.

Same thing with the DC movies (which were brought up above). I quite like them, except for the overused of lightning in the big end fights. The colour pallette literally isn't a thing for me. Just don't care. :)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm with morrus on this. Seems like some people are looking for things not to like, rather than just giving it a shot with an open mind. Like my friends who couldn't just enjoy the LotR movies because the plot wasn't identical.

cmad1977

Hero
I'm with morrus on this. Seems like some people are looking for things not to like, rather than just giving it a shot with an open mind. Like my friends who couldn't just enjoy the LotR movies because the plot wasn't identical.

Tom Bombadil!! WHERE WAS TOM BOMBADIL??!? He's canon! CANON!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google "mass effect andromeda animation". Possibly adding "gif" to the search.

Yeah, but the question is why do folks seems to be expending so much effort trying to persuade other people that they should not be interested?
Likely the same reasons people try to defend the franchises.

Not to get personal, but this current discussion started when someone posted that they didn't care for the aesthetics, not replying to anyone in particular, and you asked a follow-up question:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ailer/page14&p=7180821&viewfull=1#post7180821

The intent isn't to say you're wrong with being excited but try and explain why I (and possibly others) is put off by the look and colour pallet of the show

Hussar

Legend

Yeah, but the question is why do folks seems to be expending so much effort trying to persuade other people that they should not be interested? It's like any expression of interest has to be challenged and beaten down. Some of us just wanna watch it and share our enthusiasm without being told we're wrong because folks so desperate to find something to criticise it have resorted to condemning the weather in a brief scene they saw. It makes fandom feel like a chore, where you have defend your interests constantly.

Same thing with the DC movies (which were brought up above). I quite like them, except for the overused of lightning in the big end fights. The colour pallette literally isn't a thing for me. Just don't care. :)

I love this.

I'm so sick to death with fandom coming along and taking a big steaming dump on everything I like.

I just want to watch a frickin tv show not make a major life choice.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thing is, it may very well be awful. A lot of Star Trek is. I didn’t like Enterprise, Voyager, and several of the movies. I put it at about a 50% chance I’ll like it right now. But I’ll give it a shot.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I love this.

I'm so sick to death with fandom coming along and taking a big steaming dump on everything I like.

I just want to watch a frickin tv show not make a major life choice.

Don’t get me wrong. Everything has its Corpsetaker/Water Bob. That’s just the price of existence. They’re allowed to talk. But that didn’t stop us telling them how we find that dialogue tiresome. IME that makes no difference, though. :)

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I want to be interested for the same reason I played Mass Effect Andromeda. For reasons explained in Penny Arcade:
View attachment 86469
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2017/03/20

I love Star Trek. I've wanted more since Enterprise went off the air. Before, really, as I didn't enjoy that show's first couple seasons.
But I want more actual Star Trek. Not generic science fiction with the name "Star Trek" slapped overtop...

Yeah, and if I'd listened to the criticisms of Mass Effect Andromeda, or let them colour my expectations, I'd have missed out on a game and story that kept me entertained for more hours than there are in any Star Trek season.

Ryujin

Legend

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm making statements about my feelings on the matter. You feel the way that you do. Why cannot I be free to feel the way that I do?

Remove ads