Paramount Global and WB Discovery in merger talks

I don't have either Max or Paramount+, but if they combined it might be worth it.

Only time will tell when it comes to the ability to keep and gain subscribers.
So currently neither has content you find appealing enough to pay for? I think that is the problem for both Paramount+ and Max.I don't think enough people like either service. Combining their catalogues just leaves potential subscribers with a larger catalogue of content they still don't like enough to pay for.

So currently neither has content you find appealing enough to pay for? I think that is the problem for both Paramount+ and Max.I don't think enough people like either service. Combining their catalogues just leaves potential subscribers with a larger catalogue of content they still don't like enough to pay for.

More like I'm having money problems this year, plus Paramount made me mad in how it treated the lead actress of Scream 6.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
By the way Pluto TV has completely flipped the script on streaming. Suddenly the execs are figuring out that the ad based television of yesterday was actually a functional and stable model that worked. Pluto revenue DOUBLED in a single year and continues to rise. They went from essentially a test project to a billion dollar revenue stream in a single year. That growth has slowed and it was only 35% increase for 2023. But that kind of increase is unheard of in current streaming.

Which is why you see a bunch of companies jumping into free ad-driven TV, like Google and Amazon did.

Remove ads