D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I do not wish to argue with you, my friend, but we have at least one clear exit at our backs." said Aremus, hoping to reassure the dwarf, "If there is even the hint of our mission going pear-shaped we will run, but we must take advantage of timing! They have not yet organised a suitable defense. There is time yet to strike a blow."

The initial ambush is an overwhelming success, three of the bigbears being slewn before they can really react. The rest turn to flee as Fistan casts his spell, the spider web exploding across the terrain. Three of the retreating enemies are wrapped up and fall to the ground helplessly, but one manages to dodge the attack. The remaining foe bolts down the hallway, screaming to the Ettin in a language you don't understand.

Bugbear Dex Saves: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"See? We are doing well. If we wish to remain so, I suggest we try to take that two-headed giant without being squashed by it." said Aremus with his usual enthusiasm. He shouldered his shield, slung his bow, and proceeded to cautiously look to see where the Ettin was at, saying "If this does start to go wrong, as my friend the dwarf anticipates, let us perform a fighting retreat. Until then, onward!"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Fighting retreats get you killed," says the death cleric, following, with some excitement. He steps over the bugbear bodies as he follows.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We did some damage, we scouted and we lost nothing yet. Pushing into the pig sty gets us nothing and risks everything. Lets retreat, let them come after us and we can choose time and place for the battle." Ordrar is typical dwarf in at least some ways obviously.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It gets us nothing? What about ridding the world of a two-headed giant?" asked Aremus, surprised, "Can we at least shoot the brute a few times and see what happens? I promise I'll run without arguing if things seem difficult. I just don't want us to give up the element of surprise. We are doing so well."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug/Cave
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren had to admit they were doing pretty well. They had slain two giants and three bugbears with nary a scratch on them. He glanced to Ordrar and shrugged as the others continued down the corridor after the fleeing bugbear.

‘We cannae leave ‘em,” he said. “Le’s be careful, but we dae ‘ave surprise on our side.”

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 51/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 4/6/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 18 Used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"No surprise anymore. And two-headed giant isn't what worries me but those from the house." despite grumblings Ordrar follows the group and Fights in the front line. "I will not enjoy telling you I told you so. But tell you I will."

Remove ads