There is a lot of stuff out for D&D right now, and sales are doing fine (Amazon)

dave2008

Legend
I also wonder if there a still distribution issues with the new ones (which seem pretty low for new releases). I was at at B&N last night and at first I was shocked to see all the D&D accessories available: minis, gird packs, map packs, dice, board games (wrath of ashardalon, dungeon, & another one that escapes me at the moment). I hadn't seen so many D&D accessories at major retailer for years in my area. Then I noticed they didn't have WDDH or DotMM or GMGtR! A later realized the had whole new display in a more prominent position that did have the new books, WDDH & DotMM and AA, but there was still no GMGtR. Either it was selling much better, or they don't have enough. Not sure which.

dave2008

Legend
Especially since I just read an article about "10 worlds I'd love to play in a D&D campaign" that cited non-D&D games by name .... as D&D?!?

I didn't read the article, but the title suggest to me that the article would be about non-D&D worlds that they would like see in D&D. Was the author claiming these other worlds are D&D or that they would to play a D&D campaign in those worlds?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I also wonder if there a still distribution issues with the new ones (which seem pretty low for new releases). I was at at B&N last night and at first I was shocked to see all the D&D accessories available: minis, gird packs, map packs, dice, board games (wrath of ashardalon, dungeon, & another one that escapes me at the moment). I hadn't seen so many D&D accessories at major retailer for years in my area. Then I noticed they didn't have WDDH or DotMM or GMGtR! A later realized the had whole new display in a more prominent position that did have the new books, WDDH & DotMM and AA, but there was still no GMGtR. Either it was selling much better, or they don't have enough. Not sure which.

At my store we weren't initially sent AS many of the GMGtR, but as it sells, they send us replacements.

dave2008

Legend
At my store we weren't initially sent AS many of the GMGtR, but as it sells, they send us replacements.
I haven't checked my FLGS yet, but if I decided to buy that us where I will go. I has hoping to look through it first and B&N is closer to my house.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
But how does this fit into the narrative about how 5E is the worst, the books are mediocre, and nobody likes the game...?

Inquiring minds want to know!

The corebooks are selling really well relative to the adventures. But as I have been reminded many times on these boards, core rule books always outsell adventures, in all times and places.

To have a setting book in the top 200, and an art book in the top 500, are both pretty interesting. Curious to see how they do over the next few months.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The corebooks are selling really well relative to the adventures. But as I have been reminded many times on these boards, core rule books always outsell adventures, in all times and places.

To have a setting book in the top 200, and an art book in the top 500, are both pretty interesting. Curious to see how they do over the next few months.

I'm really impressed that Dragon Heist is holding it's own with Art & Arcana, actually.

Oofta

Legend

That is truly amazing and unexpected. B&N's still exists?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases