D&D 5E Amazon: D&D at the start of 2018

TheSword

Legend
Let’s be honest the products have never looked so good either. The artwork, maps, layouts etc are really just beautiful. I look at how products have changed in 10 years and am blown away.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
By the way, that #5 rank means the PHB is selling roughly 3000 books per day. That's 125 PHBs sold per hour. More than 2 books sold per minute, which is probably how many PHBs sold while I was typing this post. Though by their other calculation it's about 43,671 PHBs sold per month, which would be 1456 per day, which is closer to 1 per minute.

LTyj15z.png

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
By the way, that #5 rank means the PHB is selling roughly 3000 books per day. That's 125 PHBs sold per hour. More than 2 books sold per minute, which is probably how many PHBs sold while I was typing this post. Though by their other calculation it's about 43,671 PHBs sold per month, which would be 1456 per day, which is closer to 1 per minute.

LTyj15z.png
No matter how you slice it, it is a lot of books. It seems that the Starter Set is still selling well, too, four years on.

Hussar

Legend
Cue the peanut gallery swooping in to tell us that WotC is a total failure at business and they should be banging out books as fast as possible. :p

Can you math out how many books that would be overall the years

3000 a day is 1095000 a year. And while I doubt they kept the 3000 for a whole year. It's been several years now and there have been many fluxs though it never went down a lot. I remember when Zardnaar tried to claim that 5e had not sold more then a million PHBs. Well going that graph and other information that is clearly not true. It appears it's easily sold more then a million on Amazon alone.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

3000 a day is 1095000 a year. And while I doubt they kept the 3000 for a whole year. It's been several years now and there have been many fluxs though it never went down a lot. I remember when Zardnaar tried to claim that 5e had not sold more then a million PHBs. Well going that graph and other information that is clearly not true. It appears it's easily sold more then a million on Amazon alone.

I don't really have an easy way to estimate total sales from that graph. I have no idea if it's over a million sold or not. There is massive drop-off in sales numbers with just a few places down the chart, so I'd need to know the rank for every day, and run each of those ranks through the calculator, and then apply both the low number from it and the high number and come up with an average. It's not an impossible task. It's just not a task I am inclined to do right now.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Not surprised by these numbers. 5e is a fantastic game. For me it is the game I wanted to be playing back in the 80s when I was playing BX and 1e. I really enjoyed BX and 1e but 5e blows them out of the water for me.

And you can use BX and 1e adventures in 5E without to much work. Best of both!

ad_hoc

(they/them)

Well over a year ago the CEO of WotC estimated there were 9.5 million active 5e players.

Remove ads