[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Quickleaf

Legend
Got it. There must be SOME treasure down there... no wonder why we're searching for it ;)

I made a post, hoping to get everyone going. I don't mean to rush out, I just assumed as no one else was talking that everyone was done there? I could be wrong and we certainly don't have to get going. :D

Also, to QL or anyone else, I am still on massive doses of narcotics, so if I write something that seems odd, or off, just ask me about it, it probably just didn't come out the way I meant it. Assume that it didn't lol and I'll straighten it out. I did not realize how tough knee replacement rehab would be in terms of pain - ouchie ouch and time - 3 months long. They do keep you on the pain meds to help you get the most our of the therapy and even now I'm on them 24/7 to help me sleep and walk and everything. I'm only 2 weeks out so I don't know where I thought I would be but yeah, if it seems wonky it probably is!

I get the sense that Katerina and Blaise are birds of a feather. :)

No worries, Queenie. It's a long process. I'm lucky I never had to go through it, but my friend who did swore by taking lots of natural anti-inflammatories (turmeric & homeopathic arnica montana) since it's such a long run of rehab/pain/soreness. As a supplement to the narcotics, of course. I tried them out for my own back pain and they did help in the long term.

Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional, nor do I claim to be one.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Heh. Don't worry, I have my own in house doctor for lectures! Lol In form did you take said herbs? I'm interested in anything that might help, as long as it won't interfere with my normal meds.

Edit: I should pm Matthan and start making plans ... It's never too early! :D

Jago

Explorer
Hi! Is there a reason I cannot see any thread after may 6th ? Is there a bug ?

There was a massive server issue: EnWorld has only just recovered from it. They had to revert to a backup from 3 months ago, meaning anything that happened in the past ~3 months is gone.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Geeze, what the heck did I miss around here???? I leave for a little bit and the whole place goes with me, eh?? :p ...... Soooooo did Kat bite it while I was away? lol

In other news, I am married, I am honeymooned. Yay! Unfortunately, my daughter has been quite ill, with ER visits and massive amounts of doctors and no one can figure out what is wrong. For the moment anyway she is somewhat under control, we have a plan and I realllyyyyyyyy need to escape into some gaming. So, I hope Kat is not dead and I hope you can forgive me my absence. If I can just get IN the game before something else happens, I can at least be able to catch up!!
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] Is there a plan for rebuilding? This has got to be a nightmare for a GM. :-S

Quickleaf

Legend
There was a massive server issue: EnWorld has only just recovered from it. They had to revert to a backup from 3 months ago, meaning anything that happened in the past ~3 months is gone.

On the plus side, at least there *was* a backup! :) #DMcryingnotlaughing

[MENTION=6787234]peterka99[/MENTION] [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Here's my instinct: We skip ahead to finding the cave that supposedly has Francois L’Ollonais' hidden treasure (which you're recovering for Blackbeard in exchange for rights to The Coral Curse which lies beached in Nassau harbor).

Before the kelpie fight, I think you'd all been struggling with "there's no distinction between these caves" for a couple reasons:

(1) When the game stalled out, I tried fast-forwarding you guys to the sea cliffs and in my scene-framing I had you leave the gnome shantyman Kristups Gruendemann behind (when he had info about the sea caves).
(2) I think Nia cast detect magic on the strange runes? Or maybe no one had detect magic? The runes could be followed like a trail to the cave.
(3) There was a big clue in Nassau that you guys hadn't come across regarding how to see the illusory script runes.

So I'm thinking that Blaise – who the kelpie tried to drown – may find some lock of her hair intertwined with old French gold...suggesting that the sea cave with L'Ollonais' treasure is nearby. Then you just brute force the search until you find the cave by the early afternoon.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

EDIT: And if anyone decided to drop the game, let me know that too.

Last edited:

Remove ads