Grogbards, Tell Me Stories of Greyhawk

Shiroiken

Legend
Canonfire! and their forums are a great source on Greyhawk information. Not the most active place, but there's a lot of members knowledgeable in Greyhawk lore there.
The problem with Canonfire is that very little on the site is actually canon. The point of the site was to keep Greyhawk alive by having the community add to the setting after WotC kinda gave up on it. I don't doubt the people on the forums are knowledgeable on the setting, but the articles are not of much use for canon.

I don't use anything after the 1983 boxed set. Basically post Gygax I ignore

There was a war they kind of blew the setting up. The 3.5 adventure paths were set on Greyhawk.

me too. Sadly, the "From the Ashes" boxed set is all I have left of my GH stuff... I had the folio and the first boxed set once upon a time, but both of them underwent deterioration from sheer overuse, to the point where I just couldn't use it anymore, ended up losing both of them during a move...

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
me too. Sadly, the "From the Ashes" boxed set is all I have left of my GH stuff... I had the folio and the first boxed set once upon a time, but both of them underwent deterioration from sheer overuse, to the point where I just couldn't use it anymore, ended up losing both of them during a move...

They are available from DMs Guild. I have a bunch of the stuff, I've even remade the map from the folio to have a nice file I could print -I'm thinking I could have it printed on canvas or another textile-. It is huge, the thing is nearly 4'2"x3'3", even at 150dpi the file is over ten megs. I'd love to share it, but I'm not sure how kosher sharing it is. I mean I started from scratch and took some liberties with the outlines so each area matches an hex exactly -And the thing is unlabeled yet, and some rivers are north or south of a given city where they were the other way around... -.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
Thank you everyone!

Not by the gaudy piece of metal on his head, but because he was the only one to break the line of fearful guardsmen and had the courage to ignore the fear his presence caused and approach make his Will save vs. Frightful Presence.

: )

The problem with Canonfire is that very little on the site is actually canon. The point of the site was to keep Greyhawk alive by having the community add to the setting after WotC kinda gave up on it. I don't doubt the people on the forums are knowledgeable on the setting, but the articles are not of much use for canon.

Yeah, that's the exact issue I ran into with Canonfire, particularly because as someone NOT super knowledgeable on the setting, I couldn't really tell what was canon and what wasn't in a lot of cases (which points to what a good job they did at adding to the setting).

...also I JUST got the pun in Canonfire's name. Just now. After reading it six hundred times. Boy do I feel stupid.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Paizo has poster maps of Greyhawk available on their store for $10.

https://paizo.com/products/btpya20e?Greyhawk-Poster-Map-All-Four-Quadrants

I bought them a few years back. I had replaced the books from the boxed set on ebay, but couldn't find the maps. I'm quite happy with these!

Too bad that It would cost me way beyond that between postage and tariffs. Something I don't like too much about the Greyhawk map is that the most critical areas (Furiondy, Veluna and the Greyhawk plains) tend to be cut by page bindings or pages of multi-sheet maps.

Remove ads