D&D General How many pages of info do you have for your homebrew setting? (+)

How many pages of info do you have for your homebrew setting?

• None. It keep it all in my head.

• 1 side of one page

• 2 to 5 pages

• 6 to 10 pages

• 10 to 25 pages

• 26 to 50 pages

• 51 to 100 pages

• I've never counted, but definitely more than 100 so I am not gonna bother to count.

• Countless volumes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I started a wiki in 2006 for my Ptolus campaign. It is ... not small now. But that also means we can do things like having a character we haven't interacted with in 10 years wander back in and they still feel like the same character, which is nice. And other bits of worldbuilding stack up over time, with even minor things all available, creating something pretty massive in a mostly accessible way.

Hmm...

Let's say 26-50 pages for the section that sees the most attention.
10-25 pages for the rest of the world, where there's a page for each section, geographic or political. Easily a third or less of the former section.
About a page campaign intro, which translates to "Welcome to Venice/London!" to give some perspective for the players.

It's a lot of lists, bullet points, references to fiction, &c. rather than pages of prose, although that's present, too.

The Soloist

Adventurer
I start new campaigns with one page of notes. I create as I go-along and react to the character's actions. My longest-running campaign (2e) was just a collection of home-brew maps, dungeon plans, quest bullet lists and post-game notes. When it ended, I had about 100 pages.

Last edited:

GreatestHonor

Explorer
I started a wiki in 2006 for my Ptolus campaign. It is ... not small now. But that also means we can do things like having a character we haven't interacted with in 10 years wander back in and they still feel like the same character, which is nice. And other bits of worldbuilding stack up over time, with even minor things all available, creating something pretty massive in a mostly accessible way.
Thats awesome. How did you start a wiki?

Stormonu

Legend
My primary homebrew is Amberos, which I started working on in ‘85, as a hand-written document and 8 double-paged size maps.

This version is a couple years old - Amberos, All Coutries

This is the 2nd 3E Bestiary - Bestiary Nefarious, (The other, Bestiary Malfearous is available on DriveThruRPG)

I’m just finishing up restatting the monsters for 5E, haven’t posted them but hoping to get POD versions somehow.

Here’s a link to the 5E“rules” I’ve been working on for it - Mjal’s Races and Classes, M’jal’s Tome of Spells, M’jal’s Codex of Magic Items

That’s just Amberos, I’ve got a dozen lesser ones, notably Crimson Empire (on DriveThruRPG), and my latest, Dragons Must Die.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Lots of ways. You can host it yourself with free software (such as mediawiki that wikipedia uses) or go to a free hosting site like fandom.com , meta.miraheze.org, DokuWiki, WikiWikiWeb, or Google Sites.
I went with hosted Media Wiki. But if I had to do it over again, I would have picked a solution that would have put the onus of updating it and keeping it secure on someone else.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think my homebrews are spread across five different harddrives, a couple of text books, three archive files, two houses and countless floppy disks, plus whatever else is in my head.

My original homebrew world has been focussed down into six stand alone regions, which is part of a broader planar setting (based on Pyrates of the Nexus).
I also have my Earthbased 17th/18th C homebrew with some notes too

Remove ads