D&D 4E 4E WotC Tools dead?

thanson02

Explorer
Has anyone found a way to get this files recently?
I find that a lot of the folks who really enjoy 4E don't get very active on the forums mainly because they are too busy coming up with their own home-brewed stuff and playing the game and there's been a long history of trolls and nerd rage directed at them which discourages them from being active online. Not that folks who are active on the forums aren't active playing the game, but the 4E fanbase is much bigger than what you see online. Maybe doing some private messages with some individuals might stir up opportunities and options that you're not running into with your online searches.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I find that a lot of the folks who really enjoy 4E don't get very active on the forums mainly because they are too busy coming up with their own home-brewed stuff and playing the game and there's been a long history of trolls and nerd rage directed at them which discourages them from being active online. Not that folks who are active on the forums aren't active playing the game, but the 4E fanbase is much bigger than what you see online. Maybe doing some private messages with some individuals might stir up opportunities and options that you're not running into with your online searches.

This.

Bold text is basically why I quit posting here. You can't even have a civil discourse with other 4e fans without someone poking their nose in just to say how much they hate 4e and how much we all suck for enjoying it, or that we should be playing 5e, or 3.x or PF or whatever.

IME, mods took a "laissez faire" approach to the trolling (and I suspect they largely endorse the trolls' POV, openly or not), so I bailed.

If you're trying to run the newer character builder on a modern computer, I have had decent success by using Internet Explorer (it's good for something after all, lol). None of the other browsers I've tried will work with it. Failing that, there's always CBLoader for the old builder, which you can still find.

One of these days I need to get the Compendium running offline so I won't be dead in the water when WotC pulls the plug on that (because they will; it's just a matter of when). Best of luck.

dave2008

Legend
Is there still a lot of rage around 4e? I've really haven't noticed a lot of it on these forums anymore. I spend most of my time on the 5e forum now and I see about as much support for 4e as I do angst. There is even a whole thread about how Mike Mearls is bringing the Nentir Vale to 5e in his home campaign.

MwaO

Adventurer
If you're trying to run the newer character builder on a modern computer, I have had decent success by using Internet Explorer (it's good for something after all, lol). None of the other browsers I've tried will work with it. Failing that, there's always CBLoader for the old builder, which you can still find.

Link on how to get the online character builder to work. The best browser right now seems to be a Mozilla-based browser called Sea Monkey. Old Firefox builds work with it too, but they're old.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...28#post7056128

thanson02

Explorer
Is there still a lot of rage around 4e? I've really haven't noticed a lot of it on these forums anymore. I spend most of my time on the 5e forum now and I see about as much support for 4e as I do angst. There is even a whole thread about how Mike Mearls is bringing the Nentir Vale to 5e in his home campaign.
It has died down, but depending on where you are at, it comes up. From what I've seen, most of the conversations here been pretty decent. Although I would not bring up 4E on any of the YouTube channels. It can get quite ugly over there.

Remove ads