The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Ryujin

Legend
There isn't anywhere to watch Blake's 7, though, which stinks. I have several times been tempted to buy the DVD set.

I'm currently working my way through "Fringe" which never made it to syndication and the Blu-Ray collection finally came down to a price that I was willing to pay. The "Blake's 7" collection DVDs are double that price :(

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I just looked them up on a site that discusses them, and even goes so far as providing super grainy clips with degraded audio.

I’m sure those who saw them back in the day would call that an improvement.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Well, we already had Garibaldi as an alcoholic security chief, soooo...

Ever been to a scfi convention? Talk about life imitating art. His handler had to drag/carry him out of a hotel bar at DragonCon years ago. Claudia Christian liked the drinky a little too much also. At least it made her more entertaining at her panel.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ever been to a scfi convention? Talk about life imitating art. His handler had to drag/carry him out of a hotel bar at DragonCon years ago. Claudia Christian liked the drinky a little too much also. At least it made her more entertaining at her panel.

Yeeks!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

That isn't the best. Many years ago now, Jason Carter (who played the ranger, Marcus) once, rather drunk on the dance floor at a convention referred to a woman on the dance floor as a "dominatrix" (intending it as a compliment). Dr. Demento was the DJ, and he just happened to start Tom Lehrer's "Masochism Tango" at that moment. It was a little surreal.

Ryujin

Legend

Alcoholism is what eventually killed Jerry Doyle. That, and maybe a little more than averagely high blood pressure from a career as a right-wing talk show host.

Orius

Legend
Pretty good episode tonight. Nice balance of drama and humor.

Tuvok!

Gordon channeled a bit of Barclay here. I thought Greg seemed a lot like him, which is probably why he hit it off with Laura. They should have given a copy of that simulation to ite museum or wherever they were dropping off the artifacts.

And the B plot was Seth cutting loose again. Our Moclans do something crazy stupid again for laughs. We've been told Moclans can digest almost anything, so I was just waiting for one of them to eat a cigarette. And Seth went through an entire repertoire of smoking jokes -- can't substitute the gum, smoking in the airlock, hiding cigarettes (the cigarette pillow had me howling with laughter), nicotine withdrawal crankiness, the works. The only thing missing was trying to quit by smoking enough to puke.

Remove ads