Upcoming Adventure Review

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I know you are looking at making your own adventure, but you can model the structure after a PFS module. Those are short and provide a decent basis to use for a template.

GlassEye

Adventurer
So I got some GM ideas kicking around for a level 1-2 adventure, but I had a few generic questions first.

How many encounters can I/should I run?
Is there a target amount of experience I should go for?
Is this the right thread for these questions?
Are there more resources for GMing at LPF besides PMiller's guide?

My experience is that a small number of encounters works best. For a DM new to LPF it decreases the amount of work needed to do upfront and lets one get used to the experience before going into something of more length/detail. There are other reasons that I think a short adventure is preferable. Larger numbers of encounters take longer to play out. During that time people's circumstances change, they may find it difficult to post as regularly or they may just lose interest and drop out. Then the DM is left with trying to recruit a replacement and inject them logically into the story.

I never work with the goal of having a set amount of experience to give out, so I would say no to your second question. Some DMs plan for PCs to gain a level during the adventure but I don't think that is necessary.

There are any number of websites that have DM advice. They could help but the best way to learn is jump in and do it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SDW, I'm assuming you mean who is Satin Knights on MythWeavers... I don't know. I didn't even know he was active over there. Systole was active over there for a while, and ran a 13th Age game I was in, but I'm not sure if he's still active on the Weave.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, I was addressing [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], but my post got moved way down the line. I had not realized that had happened. It just so happens his post was the last on the previous page. oh well.

Besides Mowgli, You KNOW who I am over there!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Satin Knights has the same user name on the Weave as he does here. Looks like he's in a couple of games over there. Systole also has the same user name on both sites, but he's not active on either site right now as far as I can tell.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Who is he on Mythweavers? Over there I am Tetsubo
Looks like you got your answers. ;)

I don’t actually play with SK, but I remembered him advertising a game 1-2 years ago. So I went back and checked during the summer and found him still running it and updating it fairly regularly while he had stopped activity here.

Btw, what is the plan for the adventure for Pirvinia and Co.? I forget.

Deuce, I will have to Judge your next adventure. Are you still having issues uploading it to Google Docs? You can PM it to me, maybe including your file as an attachment or something? I can upload it to Google Docs myself and then share it back with you.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION] and [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] , I did have trouble still with Google docs, so I just e-mailed the text of the adventure to the lpf e-mail address last night.

I used the first quarter of DCC #28: Into the Wilds. The nice thing about this adventure, is that it is separated in four distinct smaller parts, each of which would make for a short tabletop session, but a slightly long PbP. So if this one goes well, I can run the other parts for the same party members or later groups consisting of characters ranging from levels 1-3.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases