D&D 5E Warforged Titan 5e

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
Hey guys,

My players have had the misfortune of crossing paths with the Lord of Blades, and may fight against one of his Warforged Titans. I statted this guy up, enhancing him a bit from what I think the average Warforged Titan could do. What are people's thoughts?

The creature before you stands about 25 feet tall and has obvious stains of dried blood from the many creatures it has slaughtered. It is a terrifying sight to behold, causing you to tremble as you consider how anyone could possibly face this thing in battle. Unlike most warforged titans, the right arm ends in a massive gauntlet with thick digits that fit tightly together and sharp knuckles to focus the massive force behind each blow. This allows the Warforged Titan to grab hold of creatures or objects to launch them through the air. The left arm ends in the familiar ultra-sharp axe, but above the wrist and running down the length of its massive forearm appears to be a small tree trunk carved to a point and etched in continuous stripes of glowing runes.

Warforged Titan
Huge Construct
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 11 (+0)
CHA 10 (+0)
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned, suffocation
Sense darkvision 60’, passive Perception 10
Languages Understands Common

Siege Weapon. A Warforged Titan deals double its maximum damage against structures and objects.

Terrifying Construct. The first time an enemy creature sees the Warforged Titan, it must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 18) or become frightened. A frightened creature may repeat its saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a successful save. Those that save against this ability cannot be affected by the same Warforged Titan’s Terrifying Construct ability for 24 hours. Those immune to fear effects are also immune to this ability.

Warforged Fortitude. A Warforged Titan is immune to critical hits as long as it has at least half its hit points.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The Warforged Titan may make two attacks in any combination using its Hammer Fist, Throw Person, or Cleaving Axe attacks.

Hammer Fist. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 15 ft., one creature. Hit: 4d12 + 7 bludgeoning damage, and target must make a Strength saving throw (DC 18) or be thrown 10 ft in a direction of the choosing.

Cleaving Axe. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 15 ft., one creature. Hit: 4d12 + 7 slashing damage. In addition, each creature within 5 ft of the target that would be hit by the attack also takes the damage.

Throw Person. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 15 ft., one creature. Hit: When a medium or small creature is hit with this attack, they are thrown 1d6+1 x 10 ft. in a direction of the Warforged Titan’s choosing. The target takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage per 10 ft. thrown, and may make a Dexterity check (DC 15) or land prone. Large sized creatures are thrown half this distance. Creatures larger than large size cannot be thrown using this ability.

Siege Wand (Recharge on a 5 or 6). Ranged Spell Attack: Line effect 500 ft. long and 10 ft. wide. Those caught within the line effect must make a Dexterity saving throw (DC 18) or take 5d10 fire damage, save for half.

BONUS ACTIONS
Powerful Charge. As a bonus action the Warforged Titan can move up to its full movement speed and make one attack with its hammer fist. If this attack hits, in addition to the normal damage the target must make a Strength saving throw (DC 18) or be throne 20ft directly away from the Warforged Titan, landing prone, and take an additional 2d6 bludgeoning damage.

LEGENDARY ACTIONS
A Warforged Titan has one legendary action per round, recharging at the beginning of their turn. The Warforged Titan can use its Powerful Charge, Hammer Fist, Cleaving Axe, or Throw Person attacks either immediately before or after another player’s turn.

Last edited:

Coroc

Hero
Very god approach, but give it more int and less wis. If I were to stat this thing
I would give it Str 24 dex 8 con 20 int 14 wis 8 cha 8, the rest is ok.
After all it is a kind of AI but it is dumb in a sense of wisdom.

Make parts of it lootable, e.g. weapons docent, if you got a warforged pc in your group he can pilfer some gear upgrade from it.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
That's pretty cool.

Certainly conveys the feeling of being something outside a PCs weight class.
I like this a lot.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I also added a new ability, Warforged Fortitude.
[MENTION=6895991]Coroc[/MENTION] I disagree with the intelligence. In 3.5 Warforged Titans had an intelligence of 3, making them roughly equivalent to most animals in terms of their reasoning ability and unable to speak (though they could understand simple commands). While I don't think Warforged Titans could be effective in battle with such a low intelligence, I think they should be roughly somewhere between animal and human, which I think 5-6 represents.

But typically even animals have high wisdom and charisma, since wisdom is about awareness, and Charisma is force of personality. Personally, I see them roughly equal to people in this sense. A poor wisdom would make for low battlefield awareness and difficulty identifying friend from foe, which would be a real liability in combat. Additionally, I see even Warforged Titans as having their own unique personalities and quirks and a sense of self.

bganon

Explorer
That seems pretty brutal, what kind of challenge are you aiming for? If I'm reading it right, it can pretty typically make 4 Hammer Fist attacks each round (two from multiattack, one from powerful charge, one as legendary action) and move 100 ft each round (seems high?). In several ways it's between adult and ancient dragons, except the to-hit is lower but at-will damage much higher. So CR 20ish?

Although much like the Balor, without a way to mitigate debuffs it'll probably go down quick to a well-prepared party even at lower levels.

Last edited:

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I don't generally use CR (never found it as a useful metric for determining "appropriate" challenges) so I have gotten used to kind of eyeballing it. Also, my games typically run at a higher power level than average games (I provide plenty of unique magic weapons and boons, everyone gains max HP each level plus using a version of the Fighting Spirit mechanic as proposed by Angry DM, and my players tend to play pretty smart).

But yes, it is supposed to be an INCREDIBLY difficult fight if they decide to challenge it (I'm hoping they either don't or quickly figure out it may be better to retreat). I don't plan every fight, challenge, or encounter with the assumption that the PCs should be able to win, since it's not realistic (I'd say that is especially true for the Eberron setting).

Remove ads