Discovery Trailer

Hussar

Legend
Heh. Just did a bit of background reading and learned that there are two ships named "Defiant" in Star Trek. Oops. They're referring to the Tholian Web one. My bad.

And, funnily enough, I did watch all the Enterprise episodes, but, had completely forgotten this one. Again, oops.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh. Just did a bit of background reading and learned that there are two ships named "Defiant" in Star Trek. Oops. They're referring to the Tholian Web one. My bad.

And, funnily enough, I did watch all the Enterprise episodes, but, had completely forgotten this one. Again, oops.

There are like half a dozen named Enterprise!

Two more species were teased a few days ago, who appeared in the most recent episode

Andorian
Andorian.jpg

Tellarite
Tellarite.jpg

The Andorian is a great example of how to update make-up. It retains all the major features and iconic elements and adds a few small flourishes, such as the extra texturing to the jawline and eyebrows and is instantly recognisable as an Andorian whether you've seen them in The Original Series or Star Trek: Enterprise.

The Tellarite... if I wasn't told that was a Tellarite, I wouldn't have known. The nose is kinda sorta porcine. But the balder head and scragglier beard are unimpressive. The addition of cheek tusks seem unnecessary. It's looks like how someone would design a Tellarite if they never saw a picture of them and just read a description.

Ryujin

Legend
The Andorian does look quite good. The Tellarite, however, looks more like an updated Klingon to me than does the actual current Klingons.

MarkB

Legend
Tellarite
View attachment 93005

The Tellarite... if I wasn't told that was a Tellarite, I wouldn't have known. The nose is kinda sorta porcine. But the balder head and scragglier beard are unimpressive. The addition of cheek tusks seem unnecessary. It's looks like how someone would design a Tellarite if they never saw a picture of them and just read a description.

Actually, aside from the tusks and the scraggly hair (the latter of which is well within the range of variance amongst human hair), the design is almost identical to Tellarites as seen in Star Trek Enterprise.

Star-Trek-Enterprise-Tellarite-Latex-Make-up-Appliances-2.jpg

Staffan

Legend
And we got to see the Emperor! I must say, I did not see that coming...

I've genuinely turned a leaf on this series. I was skeptical at first, and didn't like the new Klingon design (I still don't - they should either be near-human or have an updated version of their TNG-era look) or the warlike nature of Lorca. But the last few episodes before the break, followed by these two Mirrorverse episodes? Yeah, I'm down for that.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow. What an episode!

So, the Lorca theories were all correct. He's the evil Mirror Universe Lorca.

I'm hoping we get to see the USS Defiant next week.

Kaodi

Hero
Stamets question about God makes me think that maybe the Mirror Universe should be taken as compelling evidence that in Star Trek God(s) exists. There is no other plausible explanation for how all the people in a universe could act one way and yet have exact copies of all the people in a parallel universe where people act differently.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Stamets question about God makes me think that maybe the Mirror Universe should be taken as compelling evidence that in Star Trek God(s) exists. There is no other plausible explanation for how all the people in a universe could act one way and yet have exact copies of all the people in a parallel universe where people act differently.

There's no plausible explanation for tons of stuff in Star Trek! They made that comment manually as a throwaway joke, essentially not commenting on or offering any kind of answer to the question at all.

Remove ads