Dragon's Delve from Dungeonaday - OOC Discussion [FULL]

Archon Adept

First Post
steps_jpg.jpg

Hey folks! I'm, interested in possibly giving a go as DM of Monte Cook's exciting new megadungeon project, Dungeonaday. You can click on over and check it out directly if you like, but here's a bit of description from the site as well.
Dungeonaday.com said:
Welcome ...to the Dragon's Delve, a place of rumored mysteries and diabolical dangers--but also fabulous treasures!Dragon's Delve is a megadungeon that will, when complete, have hundreds of rooms, at least 20 levels and sublevels, and countless deadly, challenging, and unique encounters. Dragon's Delve is written entirely by Monte Cook, co-designer of 3rd Edition D&D and creator of Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, the Banewarrens, and other memorable products and adventures. It's usable, in whole or in part, in any campaign setting. Although it may appear to start out like a conventional dungeon, as you get deeper the full scope of the adventure, and the unique challenges presented, become more and more apparent.
So, basically, it's a huge dungeon crawl. But, if there's anyone I'd trust to design a dungeon that won't get boring, it's Monte. I've read through the initial material he's got up there, and it's really fantastic. There are a lot of ideas that really have me stoked, and it feels like just the tip of the iceberg. It really appeals to an old-schooler like myself, and hearkens back to the dungeons of my youth. I hope I'm not the only one.

If there's enough interest, this would be a D&D 3.5 game, and I could see running as many as six PCs. We can discuss those details more later. For now, I just want to see if there are some people interested in this. Chime in, and let's discuss! Thanks.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'm interested. Sounds like it could be a fun ride. Sounds like it's going to be huge, but we start out at the top, and see how far we get before something really nasty befalls us. :)

Archon Adept

First Post
I'm interested. Sounds like it could be a fun ride. Sounds like it's going to be huge, but we start out at the top, and see how far we get before something really nasty befalls us. :)
Yep, indeed! Monte has a page on his site that basically enumerates some of the 'old school' tropes of his dungeon design (themed levels that get progressively more weird and more deadly the farther down you go, etc.) and you're right on the money.

I'm pleased that you're interested, hafrogman. Hopefully, we can get a few more as well.

Archon Adept

First Post
What books would we have access to?
I'm fairly open to most of the WotC Complete and Races of... books, beyond core 3.5 material. PHB2 is a good source as well. I know there's a whole plethora of 3.x gaming material out there, and I don't want to be too restrictive...but I trust some sources more than others. Overall, it's probably best just to run your ideas by me in advance. One caveat: I'm not generally a big fan of PCs of non-traditional races.

Archon Adept

First Post
Here's a quote from last week on Monte's blog. I post it here just because some of these concepts sounded cool to me. Maybe they will to others too. :)

Monte Cook's Blog said:
Dungeonaday.com describes Dragon's Delve, a mysterious (mega-)dungeon of vast size, fascinating secrets, and great danger. It includes such locales as the Font of Dreams, the Domain of the Venom Cult, the Prison of the Red Saint, the Aberrant Laboratory, the Sprawl of the Demon Leige, and the Secret City. It offers weird and wild encounters with the Bestial Host, the Insidious Kings, swarm-demon Czarzem the Wicked, and the Prince of Dragons. It holds treasures and secrets like the Twelve Secret Sigils, Sao's Bones, and the mystical wendways. But the adventure includes much more than just a dungeon. Dungeonaday.com also describes the surrounding area (filled with intriguing ruins), the nearby town of Brindenford (which is far more involved in the goings-on than it first appears), side trips to a mysterious island and an extradimensional tesseract, and forays into strange other planes. And that's just for starters. Seriously.

Archon Adept

First Post
I'll have to do a little homework on Book of 9 Swords and get back to you guys. If it comes back a 'no' are you still interested, or is that a deal breaker?

Remove ads