• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon's Delve from Dungeonaday - OOC Discussion [FULL]

Archon Adept

First Post
Guys, I think I'm going to have to say no to Book of 9 Swords. It's nothing against those rules per se, but I think it's too 'outside the box' to try and DM such a character when I don't have access to the book. I'd say no to Magic of Incarnum for pretty much the same reason.

Maybe if I can ever get 3.x PDFs for less than full cover price it will be a different story. (The pricing on those is ridiculous, but that's a whole 'nother rant).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Seeing that there are more interested people than free spots, and that I'm already in several games and about to start DMing a new adventure, I guess I'll step down.
Sorry Archon, I hope you guys have fun, the game sure looks like it will be!

Archon Adept

First Post
Seeing that there are more interested people than free spots, and that I'm already in several games and about to start DMing a new adventure, I guess I'll step down.
Sorry Archon, I hope you guys have fun, the game sure looks like it will be!
Okay, that's perfectly understandable! Thanks for letting me know so promptly, and good luck with your endeavors.

Walking Dad, this means you have a spot in the game if you'd like. :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Thanks AA, I'm definitely in. I'll start looking at options in the Book of Eldritch/Hallowed/Iron/Roguish Might/Luck as well as the Complete X and Races of X books for character ideas. Leaning towards something divine or arcane.

renau1g

First Post
Guys, I think I'm going to have to say no to Book of 9 Swords. It's nothing against those rules per se, but I think it's too 'outside the box' to try and DM such a character when I don't have access to the book. I'd say no to Magic of Incarnum for pretty much the same reason.

Maybe if I can ever get 3.x PDFs for less than full cover price it will be a different story. (The pricing on those is ridiculous, but that's a whole 'nother rant).

Yeah, you can't run a PC using the BO9S without having a copy of it, it's too difficult. Do you allow the Spell Compendium?

Edit: I'm thinking of perhaps a bard, or druid...

Last edited:

Archon Adept

First Post
In honor of this adventure being an old-fashioned dungeon crawl, I'm thinking about having you guys roll for your stats on Invisible Castle. What do you think, anybody dead set against that? I'd let you reroll if the dice were particularly unkind.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Players, please go ahead and respond with a confirmation that you want to play for sure, and we'll start talking character creation. :cool:
My name is hafrogman, and I confirm this message.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to play. Looks like we could use a thief for trap finding and such forth.

I'm okay with rolling stats I guess.

I say that now. Five 8's and a 10 later I'll change my mind, though. :)

Remove ads