• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon's Delve from Dungeonaday - OOC Discussion [FULL]

Archon Adept

First Post
My name is hafrogman, and I confirm this message.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to play. Looks like we could use a thief for trap finding and such forth.

I'm okay with rolling stats I guess.

I say that now. Five 8's and a 10 later I'll change my mind, though. :)
Yeah, pretty sure you're gonna want a thief. (Thief! Look at that, we're reverting to AD&D lingo. I love it!)

As for stats, if everybody rises up en masse and demands to do a point buy, I can be swayed. I just thought rolling might be more fun.

In honor of this adventure being an old-fashioned dungeon crawl, I'm thinking about having you guys roll for your stats on Invisible Castle. What do you think, anybody dead set against that? I'd let you reroll if the dice were particularly unkind.

i'm fine with rolling or poiny buy, or "choose other".:D

i have no clue what invisible castle is though.:confused:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yeah, pretty sure you're gonna want a thief. (Thief! Look at that, we're reverting to AD&D lingo. I love it!)
Heh, a while ago I had a conversation with a friend about wanting to play a thief. Not a rogue, specifically not a rogue. Just someone who stole things for a living.

For this I'll need to be a rogue for trapfinding, but I think he'll still be a thief too.

"I see monsters. They have treasure. I covet their treasure. Some people fight monsters because they want the excitement and adventure. Some people fight monsters in defense of the weak and unprotected. I'm a thief. I fight monsters so that I can take their stuff."

hafrogman

Adventurer
I have no clue what invisible castle is though.:confused:
Invisible Castle is a dice rolling website. Basically it rolls the dice and stores the result. It provides dice for those who aren't near their physical dice, and also helps stop people from fudging or outright cheating.

If we all roll under our usernames, then a quick search can be run to see if 'hafrogman' rolled a dozen times before posting one set. :)

Last edited:

Invisible Castle is a dice rolling website. Basically it rolls the dice and stores the result. It provides dice for those who aren't near their physical dice, and also helps stop people from fudging or outright cheating.

If we all roll under our usernames, then a quick search can be run to see if 'hafrogman' rolled a dozen times before posting one set. :)

sounds good to me.

Archon Adept

First Post
Rolling is fine by me. Any particular roll you'd like us to make? 4d6.takehighest(3).minroll(2)?
Yeah, this looks good. Why don't you guys do this seven times, take the best six, and arrange in whatever order desired. Please use your ENWorld screen name, and link your results here.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I say that now. Five 8's and a 10 later I'll change my mind, though. :)
Yeah, this looks good. Why don't you guys do this seven times, take the best six, and arrange in whatever order desired. Please use your ENWorld screen name, and link your results here.
Talk about your depressingly phrophetic.

The rolls.

Str 12
Dex 13
Con 10
Int 14
Wis 9
Cha 11

... Although now I look at the results, I'm not sure if it worked correctly. I used the roll dice, cause I couldn't see how to get seven rolls out of the stat set up.

Archon Adept

First Post
ok just waiting on registration from invisible castle.

Anything else we should be aware of for character building?
Why yes there is!

Give your characters maximum hp at first level, and purchase equipment with the maximum available gold according to class. Please avoid evil alignments. I would appreciate it if character sheets could be annotated with the rules 'crunch' associated with any options taken from outside the SRD.

Here is a thread under Plots and Places to post your character sheet.

I'd like it if each of you uses a different color font for his character's speech. I'd also like it if each of you can find a picture to represent your character, as I'm exploring means of creating battle maps, and I can use this as a 'token'.

I'll probably think of other details as we go. :)

Remove ads