¿Quién es más macho? Simpsons, or Futurama?

The greatest is:

• Simpsons.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Futurama.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Life is Hell.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Disenchantment (h/t THAT GUY)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Poll closed .

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I would have voted Futurama ...

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).” ― Mark Twain

Though I loved reading Life In Hell in the SF Weekly, I didn't remember the graphic totally:

Attachments

• 31e1ff6edaeccabeaf183e438a74cc3d--life-in-hell-end-of-life.jpg
    31e1ff6edaeccabeaf183e438a74cc3d--life-in-hell-end-of-life.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 61

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
This pizza-ordering method doesn't work for me. I carefully curate my three-topping pizza combos, and they just don't hang together if players co-mingle their toppings-du-jour with my selections. We'd end up with some freakish cantina-style pizza. That might appeal to some pizza-eaters, but not to me. If someone doesn't like it, they can find another table. I have a waiting list of people wanting to eat my pizza.

...you've crossed the streams!

MGibster

Legend
I choose The Simpsons though I like Futurama better. I pretty much stopped watching The Simpsons on a regular basis sometime in the late 1990s but when I got Disney+ last year I caught up on a lot of seasons while painting miniatures. While I do think the earlier seasons of The Simpsons are superior, the show has remained consistently funny throughout its entire run. I'm also going to give The Simpsons extra credit for changing the landscape of American television. You can see its DNA running through all sorts of animated shows today.

But I can't fault anyone for picking Futurama. It was a smart funny show.

Ryujin

Legend
I choose The Simpsons though I like Futurama better. I pretty much stopped watching The Simpsons on a regular basis sometime in the late 1990s but when I got Disney+ last year I caught up on a lot of seasons while painting miniatures. While I do think the earlier seasons of The Simpsons are superior, the show has remained consistently funny throughout its entire run. I'm also going to give The Simpsons extra credit for changing the landscape of American television. You can see its DNA running through all sorts of animated shows today.

But I can't fault anyone for picking Futurama. It was a smart funny show.
When South Park does a whole show around the fact that a villain can't do a specific crime because "Simpsons did it!", they've likely been on for too long. I loved the show but stopped watching, some years back, because the material isn't as fresh as it once was.

MGibster

Legend
When South Park does a whole show around the fact that a villain can't do a specific crime because "Simpsons did it!", they've likely been on for too long. I loved the show but stopped watching, some years back, because the material isn't as fresh as it once was.
One of the interesting things about the show being on for so long is that you can see how things have changed since then. I saw a more recent episode and Dr. Hibbert sounded odd and it's because they got a new actor who is an African American to do the voice and I noticed a distinct and sudden lack of Apu. Fox censors initially refused to allow "Homer's Phobia" to be aired until a change in management allowed it in 1997 due to its controversial subject matter saying its okay to be gay. There's an entire generation of younger people for whom seeing gay characters on television isn't an oddity.

South Park has been on the air for 25 years at this point. They made "The Simpsons did it" joke back in 2002 when the Fox sitcom had been on the air for 13 years. So that joke is somewhat funny for a different reason today.

Ryujin

Legend
One of the interesting things about the show being on for so long is that you can see how things have changed since then. I saw a more recent episode and Dr. Hibbert sounded odd and it's because they got a new actor who is an African American to do the voice and I noticed a distinct and sudden lack of Apu. Fox censors initially refused to allow "Homer's Phobia" to be aired until a change in management allowed it in 1997 due to its controversial subject matter saying its okay to be gay. There's an entire generation of younger people for whom seeing gay characters on television isn't an oddity.

South Park has been on the air for 25 years at this point. They made "The Simpsons did it" joke back in 2002 when the Fox sitcom had been on the air for 13 years. So that joke is somewhat funny for a different reason today.
Yeah, I haven't seen the last few seasons of South Park either :ROFLMAO:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases