D&D 5E “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite character class?”

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I don't think I have a favorite class, I've played a wide variety of characters over the years (... I have a full list if you want lol).

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I don't think I have a favorite class, I've played a wide variety of characters over the years (... I have a full list if you want lol).
No—-you gotta narrow it down! Top 3 and what you like about them!

I have had dozens upon dozens too.

But for me:

Warlock (blade pact)
Cleric
And….5e…..

That’s all I seem to play anymore!

ECMO3

Hero
Just a light hearted question among fellow fans…

There have been some great posts about game theory, the history of D&D and related topics. But I thought I would start a conversation of the sort I might have with pals in person. I know their gaming profile after many years but am curious about yours.

What is your favorite class and subclass and why? Purely for fun would love to know why people play what they play.

And perhaps relatedly, how much do you deviate.

For completeness, let’s include multiclassing too.

Ranger Fey Wanderer because the class has so much going for it. It is a martial that brings a ton of spells to the game and with the right feat choice (shadow touched-cause Fear) you have regular reactions to use while having a d10 hit dice and a bunch of skills.

Basically this is the most versatile class in the game. He can tank reasonably well (awesome in tier 3), is great at control with beguiling twist, cause fear and non-concentration summon Fey and when out of spells can use weapons like a pure martial and be good at it.

In the non combat realm he has a ton of skill proficiencies and can get social skills better than anything short of a Bard with expertise.

There are more powerful classes (full casters), but there are not any more versatile classes, nor any more powerful martial classes.

Honorable Mentions:
Bladesinger
Arcane Trickster

Remove ads