• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 Ways of Knowing your character is too powerful

shouit

Explorer
A few years back I found a copy of a document titled "101 ways you know your character is too powerful." I thought it was one of the most humorous things I have read. I have since lost it and wanted to know if anyone out there still has it. I remember some of it and if no one has it, I wanted to rebuild it. Therefore this thread can be that as well.

Your character might be too powerful if....

1. You slay oncoming pack of ancient wyrms and the rest of your adventuring party is not impressed with your heroic actions.

2. You keep your magic items around only to give them to each villian you fight, just to make it a fair fight. This is due to the fact that you can do everything they can do, only better and you want a challenge once in a while.

3. You call for divine intervention to clean the troll marshes near your keep, because that kind of work is beneath you.

You get the idea. But if someone has that list and can drop me a line at Mortality that would be great.

Crothian

First Post
4) After defeating everything in D&Dg, the DM shakes his head and sighs, packs ups without saying a word, and silently walks out. On the way he tosses his gaming bag and all the contents in the trash.

KDLadage

Explorer
5) After you single-handedly slay the oncoming pack of ancient wyrms (from #1 above), you realize that, based upon your level and the challenge rating of the battle, you gain no XP.

6) The latest supplement/splat book from Wizards of the Coast has spells and magical artifacts that are named after you.

7) You see your Dungeon Master huddled over his collection of old Dragon Magazines mubling something about a Quazar Dragon and the fact that tonight's adventure will take place in a land called No-Guard.

8) Your +5 Intelligent Holy Ghost-Touch Dancing Vorpal Life-Stealing Thundering Brilliant-Energy Luck-Blade Mercurial-Greatsword of Wounding and Disruption just does not seem so special any more...

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
9) Your Wizard has to wheel around his spellbooks in a cart, regardless of epic strength buffs.

10) Heironeous prays to your cleric.

Rav

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
11) When you show your character sheet to the DM he/she starts crying.

12) When you sneeze, chartographers have to redraw their maps.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
shouit said:
A few years back I found a copy of a document titled "101 ways you know your character is too powerful." I thought it was one of the most humorous things I have read. I have since lost it and wanted to know if anyone out there still has it. I remember some of it and if no one has it, I wanted to rebuild it. Therefore this thread can be that as well.

I found this through a Google search.

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Role-Playing/Humor/Your Character's%20Too%20Powerful

Remove ads