Darkskies

First Post
Hmm well ehh... Hi,

I am one of the gamers from ISRP just wanting to thank you all for welcoming us.
If there is anything I can do to also to help explain anything just ask and I will try and help out since I have been with the ISRP chat site chatting away since my freshmen year in highschool some *thinks a moment* Ehh man it has been nearly 8 years now shhes.

But still thanks for taking in are rage tag group of rpers into your forums :heh:

Well this is Darkskies wandering off

Darkskies

First Post
Oh and another thing I wanted to ask about... I was reading this thread and came across this "play -by- post" what is it exactly?? Sounds very interesting to me...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Well, hopefully I will be able to help you out on that one…

Play by Post (Also know as PbP) is basically playing a game via message board instead of a tabletop or chat application. It’s a great way to play if your time is very limited, or you have a rather inconstant schedule that keeps you away from either the tabletop or a weekly chat game.

Highlights include better chance for a deep story, deeper more developed PCs, the ability to find a game out of your geographic location (obviously you’ve already dealt with that)

Down points are that combat can really drag a game, people disappear, and games just sometimes don’t take off.

Other points: It can be as rule drive or freeform as you would like it to be.

I suggest visiting the Talking the Talk forum if you’re interested in knowing more. :) (or you can ask here.)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
... Ah, BS beat me to it.

Well, welcome anyway, Darkskies!

And, hey, MM, what if I keep teasing BS with the intent of your promoting him? ;)

Darkskies

First Post
Heh alright I see. But hte form that i am more use to is much like it but a little more friendly ot hte more D&D inclind. On the ISRP forums we had a Map of the plans that allowed one to open a story line, the opener being hte GM for the hole thing but minus the need for character sheets and dice since all is more free formed in the aspect of hoping the other players don't try to gomod it. Hmm I think I need to take out my D&D books again if I am to get a hang of the play -by- post section

*rummeges through a dusty trunk racking out several books*

Okay now to more reading I see

Wrenbird

First Post
Hola, another ISRPer rejected by WotC, signing in. Arcia's already introduced herself as a moderator, sticking it out with us and joining the EN Fold, as it were. I'm a 'former' member of the .COMmunity on WotC's boards, who's managed not to get lost, hehe. I place emphesis on the former for two reasons. 1: because, honestly, ISRP itself is still a community - our freeform rooms and such have been around since between the TSR-WotC merger, and we've refused to go down without a fight thusfar. 2: because through the grace of Michael Morris and ENWorld on a whole, we have a new home, willing to accept us into their (your) community.

Arcia's already done a great job of explaining our concept. Mechanics-wise (as I saw a bit of banter regarding our chat system), I just wanted to add that ISRP has, thusfar, been a careful balance of both the chat and message board RPing - the community has been split between both of them, with an amble amount of crossover. It's my understanding that both our boards and chat client will end up assimilated integrated with ENWorld, so I certainly hope any interested folks at least take a peek - constant attention and attendence isn't at all required, unlike most games.

Dice, stats, sheets... we crave not these things. ISRP focuses on character development, and simply having fun with the most base feature of AD&D, WoD, or any other game system - roleplaying. Storylines - large, small, and personal - are in constant motion, but any number crunching associated with your typical game is purely optional. I, for one, build sheets as reference only. I've known one or two ISRPers to roll for everything they do, where we can't see it. And yet, a large portion of the community barely has a grasp on D&D.

It sounds like there's already some parallels between ISRP and EN's existing PbP.. of which I must research more now. >.>

In short, all I really should say is Thank You. To Michael, to the warm souls with warm words here, and to this entire community. This is Gamers helping Gamers, and a brilliant example no less. Hopefully some more of our motley crue shows up here briefly.

Wren Wallace
Jaya/Rill

[size=-2]EDIT: Thanks Shatter. :D[/size]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Glad to have you aboard Wrenbird. :D

Things of note: strikethrough is done like this: (replace {} with [] respectfully)

{code}{s}test{/s}{/code}

And will look like this:
test

And there are a lot of similarities between ISRP and PbP. :) The big difference seems to be that PbP is much more rules driven but it is still driven by roleplaying. ;)

Remove ads