• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

15 Minute NPCs

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Storminator said:
But none of that is where your character is wrong. His saves are wrong because you didn't factor in stat boosters. His equipment is wrong because you've conflicting slot items. His cleric spells are wrong because you didn't factor in the stat boosters. His skills are wrong because you didn't use cross class skills.

And every one of those things is going away!

Really? They're all going away? I'm pretty sure I saw an article on D&D Inside that specified the number of item slots that characters have and stated that characters would have to choose between using shields (which would generally have defensive bonuses) and bracers (which would generally have offensive bonuses).

I'll defer on skill points until I see the new skill system, but if the MIC is any indication, there are going to be a bunch of items that give various boosts to some defenses but not others (in some circumstances only) and most likely that give or increase spells and/or uses of per encounter and per day powers. In short, I'd be there will be a similar number of ways to screw up a complex character--they'll just be different ways.

Vayden

First Post
Yes, it will. 4E is also a surprisingly helpful marriage counselor, and will create playlists of your favorite music automatically.

iskurthi

First Post
4breakfast?

Wolfspider said:
Hmmm. I wonder if D&D 4e will also fix breakfast for me in the morning and make my bed while I'm eating....

Unfortunately it looks like you'll only be able to choose sausage to go with your eggs - it took too long for people to choose between sausage and bacon in breakfast testing. However, you'll have a huge variety of sausage to choose from to make sure your breakfast is unique and fun (and cool! but in the good way, not in the bad way).

Pig and Chicken food sources will be available on release, with Muffin coming in an expansion this fall.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads