• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2005 ENnie Nominations

der_kluge

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'll be watching the response to this myself, as I have some folks who wanted to vote-- who no way, no how are sharing computers or anything like that-- and they are being told they have already voted, too.

heh. nevermind.

I was going to suggest that it was possible that someone could have voted on this computer since we don't have assigned desks, and there is at least one other ENWorlder who works in my building, but then I realized I have my own laptop. So, nevermind! :)

Michael Morris

First Post
Wulf, der_kludge -> I suspect you both have dynamically assigned IP addresses. This being the case someone who has an account with your ISP has voted, and when the IP's where reassigned you got their IP. I'm sorry but there isn't much I can do about this. You can try waiting another 24 to 48 hours and trying again.

This is one of the unfortunate aspects of tracking votes by IP address.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
Wulf, der_kludge -> I suspect you both have dynamically assigned IP addresses. This being the case someone who has an account with your ISP has voted, and when the IP's where reassigned you got their IP. I'm sorry but there isn't much I can do about this. You can try waiting another 24 to 48 hours and trying again.

This is one of the unfortunate aspects of tracking votes by IP address.

MM, it's not a problem. If that's the case, I can just vote from home. Thanks for the response.

Michael Morris

First Post
kludge> Well, in your specific case, the problem will probably be that all 600 computers at your workplace have the same outbound IP - ENWorld cannot *see* the IP addresses within your Local Area Network; it can only see the ip address the gateway computer presents to the WAN (Firewalls make sure of this). So once someone votes at your workplace, none of the computers there can be used to vote.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
kludge> Well, in your specific case, the problem will probably be that all 600 computers at your workplace have the same outbound IP - ENWorld cannot *see* the IP addresses within your Local Area Network; it can only see the ip address the gateway computer presents to the WAN (Firewalls make sure of this). So once someone votes at your workplace, none of the computers there can be used to vote.

Interesting. I know of at least one other ENWorlder in my building. I suppose it's possible that he already voted.

I noticed some mild capitalization errors in things like Vampire: the Requiem vs. Vampire: The Requiem. Just thought you might want to fix it, guys. Just trying to help.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Michael Morris said:
After a day and a half over 1,300 votes have been cast. Spread the word folks - let's make this the biggest ENnies election yet :)

Many of the races are still very close - One race has 1st and 2nd place seperated by only TWO VOTES. So your vote definitely counts - spread the word and get the vote out :)

How many votes would we need to have "the biggest ENnies election."

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Just wanted to say thank you to all the judges for their hard work and... a great shopping list! I'll have to check out some of the products I haven't heard of before and this list also helps confirm some purchases I've been thinking about. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads