• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2005 ENnie Nominations

der_kluge

Adventurer
Can anyone provide links to the covers of those nominated (in the best cover category) and links for the free supplement or web enhancements category?

GlassJaw

Hero
Temple Quarter has been out for some time in PDF format. The print version just hit stores, which is good timing to say the least.

Doh! My bad. I guess I've been waiting for the print version to come out for so long, I totally forgot about the pdf!

der_kluge said:
Can anyone provide links to the covers of those nominated (in the best cover category) and links for the free supplement or web enhancements category?

We're working on it. They will be up on the ENnies page soon. Michael Morris is doing all the coding, and he's either in class or at work right now.

Faraer

Explorer
Psion said:
Congratulation to all the hard working and talented individuals nominated.
But individuals don't seem to have been nominated.

Why are the books listed with publishers given but not authors, artists, etc.? Don't we want to promote excellence in design and not just publishing, and help recognition of talented creative people and not only brands and logos?

GlassJaw

Hero
Why are the books listed with publishers given but not authors, artists, etc.? Don't we want to promote excellence in design and not just publishing, and help recognition of talented creative people and not only brands and logos?

The man (or woman, if applicable) makes a good point. For example, products with the best cartography get nominated but what about recognition for the cartographers themselves?

Psion

Adventurer
Faraer said:
But individuals don't seem to have been nominated.

Sorry for the imprecision of my statement. I of course consider those individuals responsible for the nominated products to be recipients in this sense.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Can you really tell, when you are holding a book in your hand, whether it is of excellent writing quality because of the author or because of the editor? Or for that matter, which of the various contributors did it.

We have difficult enough issues as it is putting the sorts of nominations before the public that we do hoping they will be informed about the nominees. You start putting forth names of who did what, and it becomes even harder to vote for the nominees. (For example, I wasn't even aware that Scott Bennie had worked on one of the adventures until he posted here.)

But putting the nominees and winners up there, we do get to highlight the talented people that worked on it.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
The man (or woman, if applicable) makes a good point. For example, products with the best cartography get nominated but what about recognition for the cartographers themselves?

If you don't recognize that Ed Bourelle was involved in 3 of those products, then how can the public really be expected to vote for him? (Oddly, this is not the first time this came up. I doubt I could find the thread anymore since the ezboard meltdown, but there was a thread in the Necromancer Games forum where I express my astonishment over anyone not knowing who Ed Bourelle is.)

Sorry guys. I agree that it would be a nice thing to do and really highlight the deserving, but fans recognize products more than people. If this were strictly a panel-of-judges based awards, we could consider doing things the way you suggest. But as it is, it's just not realistic to do so.

Last edited:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Can someone post what game systems (d20, d20 Modern, Hero, OGL, etc.) these nominations are for?

I don't recognize alot of them.

Remove ads