2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
A Couple of Old Chaos Trolls and some Archers

First up are a pair of old Games Workshop metal chaos trolls. I got the miniatures in an auction lot years ago. I'm old enough to know better, but I painted over an old paint job. Sadly, I think it shows and they are a bit goopy in places.
mini_16_troll1.jpeg

mini_17_troll1.jpeg

mini_18_troll2.jpeg

mini_19_troll2.jpeg

Next up are a pair of plastic old Brettonian Archers.
mini_20_archer_01.jpeg

mini_21_archer_01.jpeg

mini_22_archer_02.jpeg

mini_23_archer_02.jpeg

The next miniature is a bit of a mystery. It is a metal citadel figure from the early nineties. It may have been made by Marauder, which was a sub-company of Citadel run by a couple of their sculptors Aly and Trish Morrison - bit of a guess on my part.
mini_24_archer_03.jpeg

mini_25_archer_03.jpeg

The next had the label huntsman on the tab. It is certainly a Citadel model, but I don't know much about it.
mini_26_archer_04.jpeg

mini_27_archer_04.jpeg

Finally, an old plastic elf I had in the bits box. I think it was supposed to be a wood elf - anyway, that's the way I painted it up.
mini_28_archer_05.jpeg

mini_29_archer_05.jpeg

2018 model count: 20

pogre

Legend
The Ratmen Cometh

Five skaven I cranked out this week:
mini_34_skaven_05.jpeg

mini_33_skaven_04.jpeg

mini_32_skaven_03.jpeg

mini_31_skaven_02.jpeg

mini_30_skaven_01.jpeg

The models do not have uniform dress or colors, because I will use them for roleplaying and skirmish games. Models that are too similar are hard to use for those games.

Miniatures done in 2018: 25

pogre

Legend
A Bunch of Silly Demons

I'm finally getting around to painting some more of the minis that came with the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower game. These are demons of Tzeentch - Pink Horrors, when killed split into two Blue Horrors. Also a bunch of little flame demonlings. When the guys at Games Workshop were trying to come up with the names for the Chaos powers they were stumped on the Lord of Change - the working title was 'it's a cinch", which evolved into Tzeentch. A silly chaos god with some silly demons!

mini_35_pinkhorror_01.jpeg

mini_36_pinkhorror_02.jpeg

mini_37_bluehorror_01.jpeg

mini_38_bluehorror_02.jpeg

mini_40_flame_02.jpeg

mini_39_flame_01.jpeg

mini_41_tzeentchdemons.jpeg

Miniatures done in 2018: 35

pogre

Legend
A Pair of Evil Cultists

Thanks Flexor et al

This week I did not get as many figures painted, because of the time it took all of the flesh areas on this pair of evil cultists. They are from the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower boxed set.

mini_42_cultist_01.jpeg

mini_43_cultist_01.jpeg

mini_44_cultist_02.jpeg

mini_45_cultist_02.jpeg

Right now I have nothing but D&D monsters at my painting table. So there will be a break from all of this GW/Citadel stuff. Next up, a bunch of Reaper Bones, then some Wizkids deep cuts monsters, and finally some Reaper metal figures.

Models painted in 2018: 37

pogre

Legend
Bones Hellhound, Stone Golem, & Kobolds

Some more Bones monsters from the painting desk this week:

mini_46_hellhound.jpeg

mini_47_stonegolem.jpeg

mini_48_kobolds.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 51

Remove ads