2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
This is great work Pogre! Thanks for the links to the instructional videos as well. *bow*

Thank you for the compliment and thanks for checking out the thread!

Painting has been very frustrating this week. I may only have one figure finished by Sunday. I'm working on some gnolls and I cannot believe I am going to say this, but I wish they were multi-part models. I'm really sick of painting around shields and weapons.

The amount of prep I had to do on these figures (Bones and Wizkids) was ridiculous.

I may become a metal/hard GW plastic only guy...

Kris

Adventurer
Nice work as always!

I just went back and checked on my old miniatures thread ...and yeah, most of the links are broken now too :(

Anyway, I think you've just inspired me to start up a new thread of my own for 2018 :)

pogre

Legend
Gnolls and Hyenas

First up is a Reaper Bones Figure:
mini_49_gnoll_01.jpeg
mini_50_gnoll_01.jpeg

The next three gnolls are from Wizkids' lines:
mini_51_gnoll_02.jpeg
mini_52_gnoll_03.jpeg
mini_53_gnoll_03.jpeg
mini_54_gnoll_04.jpeg

Finally, some Hyenas from the Conan game that I speed painted. Still like 'em:
mini_55_hyenas.jpeg

2018 Models completed: 60

pogre

Legend
More Gnolls

First up, the last of the Wizkids Gnolls:
mini_56_gnoll_05.jpeg

Next, a Reaper Bones:
mini_57_gnoll_06.jpeg

Finally, the same Reaper figure in pewter:
mini_58_gnoll_07.jpeg
mini_59_gnoll_07.jpeg

Models done in 2018: 63

pogre

Legend
A Tour of My Game Room

Greetings!
I have been doing some sculpting this week and a little painting. I also have been working on my D&D campaign as the party is about to catch up with my prep. I'm a prep heavy DM for better or worse.:heh:

I decided to do something I have been thinking about for a while and do an update to my gaming space tour that I did on my old thread back in 2004-05.

Our gaming space is decently large, approximately twenty feet by twenty-two feet and is surrounded by windows. The windows are a blessing and a curse. We have lots of natural light, but it limits the amount of storage cabinets and shelves I can put up.

First up is a pair of cabinets with glass doors that I bought at IKEA a couple of years ago. On top of the cabinets is a few different ship models I have made over the years.
IMG_0511.jpg

In the first cabinet I mostly have terrain I have made using Hirst Arts molds and a few DF pieces.
IMG_0512.jpg

The second cabinet holds a bunch of DF pieces.
IMG_0513.jpg

The next display cabinet I bought from IKEA too. It houses some Miniature Building Authority pieces and a few larger Hirst Arts projects.
IMG_0514.jpg

Next, is my main miniatures cabinet. It houses almost entirely fantasy figures. I have moved my historicals and limited 40K stuff to other storage to make room. As you can see it is pretty well stuffed and I need to add another space!
IMG_0515.jpg

Another IKEA display cabinet follows. This one is home to some larger miniatures on the top and mostly DF city pieces. I leave the DF built so I can yank it out quickly on game day. I have lots more stored if I need to create something more specific or elaborate.
IMG_0516.jpg

The following is the favorite thing I have purchased from IKEA. It is a cheap set of large drawers on wheels. It holds a lot of old school DF pieces and I can just wheel the whole thing next to me during a game. The only bad thing is I overloaded a couple of the drawers and broke one last year. So I pulled a bunch out and now it works fine.
IMG_0517.jpg

The first drawer has floor pieces and an assortment of doors. The other drawers have wall pieces, corridors, and other mundane pieces I need for dungeon building.
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg
Not a fancy piece of furniture, but you can see it holds tons!

Under my gaming table I have a three drawer unit that holds a bunch of DF Dwarvenite pieces.
The first drawer houses my sewer pieces.
IMG_0524.jpg
The second drawer houses cavern pieces and a box of the new style cavern lakes.
IMG_0525.jpg
The third drawer holds more cavern pieces and specialty pieces.
IMG_0526.jpg

This is my leaning tower of cheap drawers as my wife calls it. It is about 8-feet tall and contains everything from unpainted minis, model trees, different felt covers and mats for the gaming table, dice, tokens, measuring tapes, etc.
IMG_0527.jpg

Next is a place where I spend a lot of time in the off-season (I'm an American Football HS Coach). The painting and modeling desk in all of its ill-kept glory!
IMG_0528.jpg

Finally, the place where all the MAGIC;) happens - the gaming table.
IMG_0529.jpg

I have one of those nicer game tables that the top comes off and we use it for a kitchen table, but it is tough to beat a good old 4' x 8' covered plywood sheet for us! The kitchen table usually is our spot to play board and card games. It's nice because we can leave games up in there and not worry about our dogs or the cat messing with them.

Now then, where in the heck am I going to put the huge amount of Dwarven Forge I have coming in from the latest Kickstarter in May?

I happen to own the exact same Ikea cabinets, which I use to display my Star Wars collection. But I felt there was a lot of unused space in the cabinet. So what I did was create a couple of additional shelves from transparent plastic, that I can place on top of the existing glass shelves. This doubles the amount of stuff I can display in them.

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
I'm also a prep heavy GM (largely 'cause I'm not great at improvising stuff ...so I've usually got a bunch of back-up plans and side-quests for when the players go off plot).

But yeah, loving your gaming/storage space :) (most of my stuff resides under the bed, or on top of the wardrobe, or in similar cheap/leaning towers ;) ).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases