D&D 5E 2020 Release Speculation Thread

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Oh, did I accidentally refer to angels as monsters? Sorry, didn't mean that. I meant the general term for monsters in D&D being any creature you can fight. But yes, I agree. We only have 5 modrons, even though there are 10 more, and we need Archons, Angels, more Hollyphants, and other creatures like Hellwasps.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Quote from the Monster Manual "What is a Monster? A monster is defined as any creature that can be interacted with and potentially fought and killed Even something as harmless as a frog or benevolent as a unicorn is a monster by definition."

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
We do need more Modrons.
100%. We have enough Demons, Devils, Yugoloths, general Fiends, Shadow-creatures, Gith and most other extraplanar creatures scattered throughout the books, but what we need more of are powerful Fey, Modrons, and Celestials.
(I mean, I wouldn't complain if we got more demon lords, archdevils, Abberations, and Shadowfell creatures, like Lolth, Dispater, Mammon, Ulithaliches, and Sorrowsworn. I wouldn't complain, but we certainly aren't starved of them.)

neogod22

Explorer
100%. We have enough Demons, Devils, Yugoloths, general Fiends, Shadow-creatures, Gith and most other extraplanar creatures scattered throughout the books, but what we need more of are powerful Fey, Modrons, and Celestials.
(I mean, I wouldn't complain if we got more demon lords, archdevils, Abberations, and Shadowfell creatures, like Lolth, Dispater, Mammon, Ulithaliches, and Sorrowsworn. I wouldn't complain, but we certainly aren't starved of them.)
We don't have enough Yugoloths. I want to see the Altroloths and other Archdevils. What they need to do is remake the Planescape setting, for high level characters only this time.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I disagree that it should be for high level characters only, and WotC tends to disagree with that as well. There's a reason why all their modules are lower level, including Descent into Avernus.

Also, we have quite a few Yugoloths. I don't think we need more, but I definitely would like it if we got more. We do need more Archdevils, the real Archdukes and Archduchesses, but we have quite a few lower-power Archdevils.

Remove ads