D&D 5E 2020 Release Speculation Thread

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
If we were to get a Planescape book, like I listed in my first post here, I would like to see a compilation of the races that would be "common" in Planescape, as well as some new ones. Some races they could reprint could be Aasimar, the Tiefling variants, Eladrin, Shadar-Kai, Gith, Genasi, and Goliaths.
The new races could be Planetouched, which would be like a subrace you could apply to any race, replacing the ability score increases possibly, replacing certain certain abilities, and adding on some new abilities, like a Mechanus Planetouched could have a +1 to Constitution, have 10 ft. Truesight, and a 1/short rest ability to allow them to take the 10 + modifiers for an ability score, attack roll, or saving throw instead of rolling.
(That's just an example, but that's what I'd like to see. It would function similar to the Dragonmarked races.)
A couple other race options could be Rogue Modrons, Satyrs, and Einherjar could be cool, as well, but I don't know if we'd get them.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
If we were to get a Planescape book, like I listed in my first post here, I would like to see a compilation of the races that would be "common" in Planescape, as well as some new ones. Some races they could reprint could be Aasimar, the Tiefling variants, Eladrin, Shadar-Kai, Gith, Genasi, and Goliaths.
The new races could be Planetouched, which would be like a subrace you could apply to any race, replacing the ability score increases possibly, replacing certain certain abilities, and adding on some new abilities, like a Mechanus Planetouched could have a +1 to Constitution, have 10 ft. Truesight, and a 1/short rest ability to allow them to take the 10 + modifiers for an ability score, attack roll, or saving throw instead of rolling.
(That's just an example, but that's what I'd like to see. It would function similar to the Dragonmarked races.)
A couple other race options could be Rogue Modrons, Satyrs, and Einherjar could be cool, as well, but I don't know if we'd get them.
So, I never read Planescape, but I loved the art; and I love the concept. I may be putting my foot in my mouth, but were the Giff in PS?

Remove ads