2021 RPG and Gaming Resolutions?

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I know, I know, we often don't keep them but I still think it is good idea to set some goals for the coming year and look back at how well we did at the end. Overall I did good with my 2020 resolutions despite Covid-19.

My 2021 Resolutions:
  • Cut back on social media and forums. I've already cut FB and MeWe this fall. I don't have twitter.
  • Today, I'm cutting 1 of 3 forums from my list. I'm keeping only ENW.
  • Buy only rpg books for RPGs I already own. Mostly AGE system, D&D5e and Coriolis.
  • Play more often as a player. I started playing more often since this summer and I'm enjoying it.
  • The most challenging: Continue writing my super simple fantasy rpg system for solo play.

- I'm not writing spend less on gaming. I just want to spend my money in a better way.

Do you have resolutions for 2021?

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
  • Build more impressive terrain.
  • Finish painting the load of historicals for the French and Indian War game I bought (Musquets & Tomahawks). Mostly fur trappers and French regulars left.
  • Do more creative stuff than just painting - do more sculpting, fancy hand outs, extensive fantasy maps, etc.
  • Paint the last few figures of historicals for Dark Ages - just a few Vikings left.
  • Have a D&D campaign ready - so I can hit the ground running when we can play in person again.
  • Keep my weekly Zoom WFRP campaign going.
  • Expand my gaming circle. I have a great group of friends, and I am blessed with a good pool of players, but I like meeting and getting to know new people. Obviously, this one will have to wait a bit until face to face gaming is much safer.

Retreater

Legend
Be a better player. (I'm used to DMing, and I'm not a very gracious player at times.)
Spend less time on the game. (I tend to over-prep and do needless game prep - even for things I'm not running.)
Finish writing my adventure mega-module I've been working on since the early 2000s.
Complete painting the models I've got - then buy fewer ones in the future.
Read fewer game books and more fiction/non-fiction to inspire my games.
Learn map making and editing programs.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I have a lot of resolutions for the coming year, but only one of them is gaming-related:

Write my own adventures. Draw my own maps. The pandemic forced us to switch to Roll20, and the time constraints and high learning curve forced our gaming group to switch to a pre-written adventure path until we could learn the system better. Unfortunately, it quickly became a crutch and we are on like our fourth pre-written adventure now. I really miss the creativity of writing my own adventures and drawing my own maps--it's what I enjoy most about being a DM--so I'm going to work hard to get back to that.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
Wargame more (some how) even if solo
Stop biting off more than I can chew as a GM
Stop playing the same character
Stop buying games no one else I know wants to play
Write more
Learn how to PbP (Always wanted to, cant understand how it works)
Peace, Love, and Understanding

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Address my confidence issues so i can GM more. I really like running a game, but the last 2 times I had weird anxiety issues after a few or several sessions. I have half a dozen neat ideas for games, and they're all for shorter-run games because that's maybe one way to address it, but I don't know that duration is the only issue there.

Build terrain. I have the basic materials for it.

Get back to drawing character portraits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases