• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24 4e Style : Day 2

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock]
Okay, so everyone really focused on the halfling, we'll go down that road.

As you can see you failed the skill challenge;

Leyra, Nathan, Garrick and Dagran all posted skill result under 21 so even if I count Kern result as two success it's still 2S, 4F

Intimidate and Insight were of course good choices. Bluff and Diplomacy would also have been acceptable with good justifications.

Like any good skill challenge, a failure doesn't mean you don't move forward but...
[/sblock]

All the agents gang on the little halfling and he is soon breaking down.

-"All right, all right, enough. Me and my crew, we were hired to assist some shady dude. Cover while he completed rituals, carry messages, act as lookout, that sort of things. When you caught us, we were just supposed to intercept any pursuit. I don't know his real name, he's a human, about six feet, blonde... He told us to call him Jon, seriously! Really doubt it is his real name. I don't know how he hired us; that's between our gang leader and him. I guess they knew each other or something. One day, the boss just told us we had a job and we were to do everything 'Jon' asked.

That was supposed to be the last task I had to do for him. We are supposed to get paid, right about now."

The halfling gives the agent the location of the meet.

---

Suddenly, all the agents hears a voice in their head.

-"Hi there! Huh... hmm, I hope I didn't startle you. My name is Oscar and I will... huh... cover for Shayla. You know, re-establish communication and all that. We have agents headed to your current location to scour the place. So, if you can get me up to speed... and, well, if you have stuff for the intern and researcher to look into for you, pass it along. So... huh... yeah."

[sblock]Okay, so next step would be to finish a map for that meet between the gang and their employer and build an ecounter. Shouldn't be too long but it won't be wednesday; it's game night. Perhaps thursday, certainly by friday.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Sorry been a bit tied up, Mirage would've left the interrogation and started in on the research. I had hoped for a bit more information from Kendrick before he left which was my last post.

While the others are interrogating the halfling, Mirage digs into the papers trying to figure out if any names or locations are mentioned. He'll start with the letters and the coded names and numbers.

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=Garrick]Friday is games night. Saturday I drive to Edinburgh and get drunk with old mates. Sunday Irish/Scottish music session - get drunk; Monday I/S singing session (and possibly a blues session in the afternoon) - get drunk...Will probably be back Tuesday night...in some kind of shape...hopefully[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-"What was Akmenos up to? Running his business and assisting his father. They are hardcore Red Seal. Enemies would include anyone who ain't and wants a change of the guard. That simple. Now, if you'll excuse me..." says Kendrick, answering Mirage's inquiries before departing with a casual salutes to the agents.

---

The team rush to the meet location and get in position. The halfling informed the team that the meet occured on the second floor of the warehouse. A peek inside when a worker exited through the main door showed a guard near the stairs.

24 Day 2 on Virtual Battlemat

Before they can act, the new Control shares an update with the team

-"Guys... huh... just so you know, our sniffers who cased out the manor... huh, the one you juts left, they said that the owners was all stiched up in the first golem with at least five other bodies. But the interesting bit is that a tiefling heart was used to power it. I'm being told that Tiefling and Deva's hearts are pretty popular to animate various automaton because of the connection to the Astral Sea. That mix of mortal and tiny spark of divine does wonder to kick start the golem or whatever else you want to bring to life. That probably was not why they kidnapped Akmenos, I guess that was just a bonus. But that might be the whole reason why they bothered to drag that tiefling woman from the inn."

[sblock]Place yourself on the map. You get to start the ball so I won't roll the initiative just yet; some of your pre-fght actions might need skill checks.

Two of you still need to subscribe, or if you did, to tell me your username so I can add you.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Kern whispers sharply. Make this coordinated and fast. Best to not let them know we're coming. I'm going roofside.

Kern, trying to find a dark part of the alley with no windows, attempts to climb to the roof. Hopefully finding another entrance.

Erekose13

Explorer
Mirage would normally have tried to find a more subtle way in, but his firey heritage was raging inside him as he stood very impatiently beside Dagran ready to unleash hellfire as soon as posisble.

Remove ads