• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24: Season 6 (2007) Day 6 (*11):3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
59524.jpg

Chloe covers for a fellow agent; Milo faces the pressure of a new threatening situation; Jack struggles with another setback; the administration remains bunkered down.​

Back on track...(thread wise)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
yeah, too bad she like everyone else on the series tends to look like they aged 20 years during the course of each season. To have to admit, 24 has a good make-up artist since they are able to pull that off convincingly.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
So the end of that episode was alittle anticlimatic. I seriously hope they don't try to do a repentant logan storyline where he ends up saving President Palmer to atone for killing the previous President Palmer.

Anyways, did anyone end up writing down the 24 fan apprecation phone number that they gave today?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
In other contexts, the actress playing Chloe is very pretty. I give her credit for being able to make herself look so unappealing. Frankly, I think it's a mistake for the show to humanize her. What makes Chloe Chloe is her rank unpleasantness.

Anyway, to the episode: I give it a 3 out of 10. They just aren't trying that hard to surprise me this season. They aren't being very suspenseful, and they're being very obvious. As soon as Chloe said, "Call your sponsor" for the first time, I turned to my wife and said, within the hour, we're going to see Miles drinking.

I have to admit though, it was satisfying to see Peter MacNichol getting pounded on the head with a mag light.

Welverin

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
I like how Charles Logan now has a beard. Do you think he is from a mirror-universe a la Star Trek?

That would explain why he's good, since the prime universe version is evil, but if that's the case why isn't it a goatee?

DonTadow

First Post
I'm really not feeling this new President Palmer either. He just doesnt seem fit for the role. He is not distinguished and doesn't have a presence to me. He always seems unsure Even when he's playing confident.

Krafus

First Post
DonTadow said:
I'm really not feeling this new President Palmer either. He just doesnt seem fit for the role. He is not distinguished and doesn't have a presence to me. He always seems unsure Even when he's playing confident.

He might not have the same presence as his brother, but he's still doing great, IMHO. Certainly better than Charles Logan.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Krafus said:
He might not have the same presence as his brother, but he's still doing great, IMHO. Certainly better than Charles Logan.

Yeah, but I think *thats* the problem. Right now 24 is already in the dog house with human rights groups over torture (so much that the producers went public saying that they are lessening the use of torture). But now it is almost like they are giving the bad message about the survivability of a black president that refuses to use racist tactics to secure order (unlike the rest of his administration who joined the lynch mob early in hour one).

Its kind of strange how even though many terrorists in 24 were islamic this season's white house is all about the racial issues. This surprises me since race never seemed to be in the foreground when the original President Palmer was president or even during season 4's terrorist attacks. Yet, it becomes an issue once 12 weeks go by during which there have been terrorists attacks (even though as pointed out, the first attack seen on screen was perpetrated by an asian).

I have a feeling that the white house would not be so overtly racist in this season if they knew that the Bauer family was in part responcible for the attrocities of the day.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads