D&D 2E 2e Complete Books Conversions

maceochaid

Explorer
Are you planning on updating these as they release new material? I only ask because the bladesinger from the SCAG seems to be a much better millitant wizard archetype. The Purple Dragon Knight and the Thief builds would be useful too.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Are you planning on updating these as they release new material? I only ask because the bladesinger from the SCAG seems to be a much better millitant wizard archetype. The Purple Dragon Knight and the Thief builds would be useful too.

It's actually something I've been asking myself - should I use SCAG or go with a PHB Only approach? These four were released before I got my hands on SCAG, but I'm seeing a lot of useful potential there. But not stuff that is exactly required, either...

What do you folks think? :)

Radaceus

Adventurer
these are outstanding! great job!

as far as updating and including newly released material to these, I would probably stick to the Complete Handbook conversions. Otherwise, you open a big can of work for yourself in the future.

That being said, SCAG does offer alot of flavor text to wrap around the kits you already have.

zurg

First Post
So far i only looked at the Fighter's Handbook. I see you have recommended Fighter (Battlemaster) for many of the kits. I know the Battlemaster's choice of Maneuver's may be obvious for each kit, but it would be handy to have your suggested ones listed. Especially for quick builds. Great work!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Updated with dwarves!

It was clear that by this point, kits were becoming a less coherent thing. CDHB has a lot of kind of "duplicate" kits (Noble priest! And noble fighter! And noble rogue!), and the taboo against multiclass kits was broken for the first time.

Not a BIG update, but there were holidays, and I've been kind of working on a big update about Everything Astral Plane Related, but I hit a bit of a wall there with some of the 4e stuff.

Greg K said:

The Hobgoblin said:

Next up: BARDS! LA LA LA.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Lord Cathlhu will be right up with the necronomicon for your viewing pleasure. Happy madness!

Remove ads