D&D 2E 2e Complete Books Conversions

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Updated with dwarves!

It was clear that by this point, kits were becoming a less coherent thing. CDHB has a lot of kind of "duplicate" kits (Noble priest! And noble fighter! And noble rogue!), and the taboo against multiclass kits was broken for the first time.
Just a pedantic point, but I don't think there was a taboo against multiclass kits, per se. I think it was just a case since only demihumans were able to multiclass, it made sense to put multiclass kits in the various demihumans' handbooks.

But, this is some seriously excellent work, kudos to you. The PDF layout is fantastic.

maceochaid

Explorer
Just a pedantic point, but I don't think there was a taboo against multiclass kits, per se. I think it was just a case since only demihumans were able to multiclass, it made sense to put multiclass kits in the various demihumans' handbooks.

But, this is some seriously excellent work, kudos to you. The PDF layout is fantastic.

to quote from the Complete Fighter's Handbook section "Warrior Kits and Multi-Class Characters"

"These Warrior Kits are designed to add depth to a warrior-class character. But if the character is already multi-class (for example, an elf fighter-mage), he doesn't need any more depth. Therefore, only single-class warriors can take one of the Warrior Kits described above."

Which I'm glad the race books redacted, because certainly some kits gave them, if not more depth, greater cohesion as to what a mage-thief actually was.

Remove ads