• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0 classics

yojimbouk

Explorer
Scanning eBay I see a lot of 3.0 D&D and d20 products going cheap.

So I'm asking what products are worth picking up? What are the "classiccs" of 3.0?

Cheers,
Jim.

Kormydigar

First Post
Get the Freeport stuff from Green Ronin and any adventures from Necromancer Games that you can find. Scarred Lands stuff is also a must have. (At least for me)

Psion

Adventurer
Of D&D 3.0 itself?

Manual of the Planes.
Oriental Adventures.
MMII (I actually prefer in to III, IV, or FF)

Last edited:

Huw

First Post
I second Necromancer games and Scarred Lands. Green Ronin are good, but Wizards have covered their strong points (fiends and base classes) very thoroughly in 3.5, so they're less vital now.

I also recommend Fiend Folio.

Psion

Adventurer
Huw said:
I second Necromancer games and Scarred Lands.

I can get on board with that. Relics & Rituals and Creature Collection II are still 2 of my most used third party books. And I beleive the great Tomb of Abysthor and Vault of Larin Karr by Necro are 3.0 IIRC.

Arkhandus

First Post
Oriental Adventures
Manual of the Planes

Maybe:
Monster Manual II (there are some broken critters in it, but the rest are okay and some are pretty neat; includes stuff like gem dragons, elemental wierds, jermlaines, grells, brass golems, fihyrs, clockwork horrors, ankylosaurs, hook horrors, linnorms, myconids, neogi, nimblewrights, phoenixes, lawful/chaotic planetouched, spirits of the land, wystes, and the warbeast template)

Also, possibly:
Psionics Handbook (mainly just if you think 3.5 XPH is broken, then 3.0 PsiHB may be more your cup of tea; hardly anything in the way of broken powers, so hardly anything to just houserule away; no augmentations; no psionic focus, just more ways to spend power points and thereby not overshadow spellcasters; no wierd races; no overchanneling or wilders or crazy extra-actions madness; just make a houseruled limit on Psychofeedback and Fission, and remove Schism if you don't use 3.0 Haste)

Remove ads