• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0 classics

3.0 stuff I enjoyed/got a lot of use from:

MMII
Testament (Green Ronin)
Necropolis (Necromancer)
Rappan Athuk 1 (Necromancer)
Rappan Athuk 2 (Necromancer)
Rappan Athuk 3 (Necromancer)
Tomb of Abysthor (Necromancer)
Demons & Devils (Necromancer)
Death In Freeport (Green Ronin)
Terror In Freeport (Green Ronin)
Madness In Freeport (Green Ronin)
The Banewarrens (Malhavoc)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Manual of the Planes, Monster Manual II, Oriental Adventures, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. I'd say they are the classic 3.0-specific books that haven't been re-released with 3.5 rules.

Of course, 3.5 updates are available for all of them, but not complete 3.5 books per se.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
3.0 Classics for me:

The Banewarrens (Malhavoc)

Books of Eldritch Might I-III (Malhavoc)

Book of the Righteous (Green Ronin)

Tome of Horror I (Necromancer Games)

Heroes of high Favor: Dwarves (Bad Axe Games)

Li Shenron

Legend
Ed_Laprade said:
What? Things need to be at leat ten years old to be classic. 3.0 ain't! :confused:

You must get them before they become classic. Especially the least-wanted books such as Stronghold Builder's Guidebook or Song & Silence. Once scorned as useless junk by some gamers, one day they might become rare antiquities and the same gamers will offer you a hundred bucks to have them ;)

Voadam

Legend
From stuff I own

Campaign settings:
1 Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. Very in depth, tons of material.
2 Scarred Lands Ghelspad Gazeteer. very short but interesting and evocative, enough to inspire and use.
3 Ravenloft CS. Excellent D&D horror setting, great descriptions of areas from player knowledge perspective with no secrets given away, just hinted at.
4 Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, excellent description of the current timeperiod greyhawk setting and fantastic info on the gods not found in other published material.
5 Oathbound domains of the Forge, high powered, high magic, high fantasy world

Monster books
1 Monster Manual 2, good array of high CR creatures for higher level play
2 Penumbra Fantasy Bestiary. In depth descriptions, interesting monsters with some good adventure hooks done out.

Spell books:
1 Relics and Rituals, lots of flavorful spells with neat history.

God books
1 Divine and the Defeated, Scarred lands pantheon and stories are great.

Trap books
1 Traps and Treachery, a monster manual of traps.

Adventures
1 Banewarrens: great dungeon, politics, and multiple faction action, as well as a good way to introduce really bad things (items, NPCs, monsters) into the campaign.
2 Demon God's Fane, decent higher level adventure, though I changed the ending significantly.
3 Foul Locales, good short horror themed D&D encounters

Scribble

First Post
I have to agree with scarred lands and oriental adventures, and manual of the planes...

Even if you don't set an entire campaign in either SL or OA, they both have plenty of stuff to gank for your own game.

Sunderstone

First Post
Adventure wise (not in any order)....

Crucible of Freya and the free downloads from Necromancer Games
The Grey Citadel from Necromancer Games
Tomb of Abysthor from Necromancer Games ( I smell a trend developing)
The Vault of Larin Karr from Necromancer Games
Nemorin's Vault from Fiery Dragon
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
The Banewarrens from Malhavoc

Remove ads