• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 is Anime! Wait, what?

hong

WotC's bitch
GnomeWorks said:
...huh. I somehow missed that, even after looking at that pic a few times.

I don't understand why folk insist on drawing elves with enormous ears like that. It's just ridiculous.
Haven't you ever ridden an elf bike?

Oompa

First Post
Rechan said:
Okay. I know (and am glad) that the "4e=Video game/Anime/(insert)" arguments have really died down lately.

Paizo has announced they're sticking with 3.5+ (whatever you want to call it). So, clearly they're rejecting the stuff that is 4e.

So, I went over to Paizo's blog today. That's when this caught my eye:

[sblock]
PZO9010-Barbarian.jpg
[/sblock]

Isn't that... like, raging anime? Spikey hair, HUGE sword, etc? So what the hell? I thought Anime influence into D&D was BAD. That it distracted away from D&D's roots and its feel, and all that.

If i walked in an bar, and saw her sitting... I would walk out and go out to an other bar.. You know when she sits around trouble is going to break out for sure and innocents are going to die..

Firevalkyrie

First Post
Rechan said:
Okay. I know (and am glad) that the "4e=Video game/Anime/(insert)" arguments have really died down lately.

Paizo has announced they're sticking with 3.5+ (whatever you want to call it). So, clearly they're rejecting the stuff that is 4e.

So, I went over to Paizo's blog today. That's when this caught my eye:

[sblock]
PZO9010-Barbarian.jpg
[/sblock]

Isn't that... like, raging anime? Spikey hair, HUGE sword, etc? So what the hell? I thought Anime influence into D&D was BAD. That it distracted away from D&D's roots and its feel, and all that.
My god, what happened to that poor woman's upper lip??? No wonder she's so pissed off.

DandD

First Post
All his drawings of females seem to have such blocky feets, and they all seem to like to show their teeth all the time...

Remove ads