D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Multiclassing at lvl1

DreamChaser

Explorer
They removed it; the playtesters were not originally terribly excited about it anyway. It always struck me (and them from the stuff I read) as cobbled together. It only existed to ease the transition for 2e players who couldn't live without their fighter/wizard.

DC

Pagan priest

First Post
I miss having that option, although it should be easy enough to simply use the 3.0 DMG description. For some characters, it just makes sense that they have been studying both paths equally for a long time.

Of course,with that and a few other things that are the way they are because of the playtesters, I would definitely like to soundly thump the playtesters upside the head repeatedly. Stuff like: Paladins and monks still can't freely multiclass like any other class.

I don't know if this is actually the fault of the playtesters, but we can use them as a scapegoat anyway... long bows still can't be mighty bows. What utter nonsense!

And the weather has been way too hot lately. I don't know how, but I'm sure that is also the playtesters fault!:mad:

Nail

First Post
DreamChaser said:
They removed it; the playtesters were not originally terribly excited about it anyway.

A serious question:

"They had playtesters? I had heard they did not have many, if any, playtesters other than themselves."

Sure would explain the plethora of mistakes and miscues.

Nail

First Post
Pagan priest said:
... long bows still can't be mighty bows. What utter nonsense!
The rest of your message is right on target, but this? That's really no problem at all. Mighty bows are composite bows. What's the problem?

Metallian

First Post
Pagan priest said:
I miss having that option, although it should be easy enough to simply use the 3.0 DMG description. For some characters, it just makes sense that they have been studying both paths equally for a long time.

Ditto.

I didn't notice its absence in 3.5 (haven't had time to read the new DMG carefully), but I suppose it will be easy to adapt from 3.0.

If you want your character concept to be "Barbarian Shaman Who Left His Tribe In Search Of Adventure" from the get-go, it's hard to start out as just a Barbarian, or just a Cleric.

The Metallian

Last edited:

DreamChaser

Explorer
no. its easy. start as cleric, add on barbarian

or get your gm to start the game at 2nd level.

much easier than the drivel that the apprentice level rules were (IMNSHO)

DC

Remove ads