• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 - Undead: Does Turn resistance = Rebuke resistance?

emoplato

First Post
As Rumbletiger referenced it does, however keep in mind turn and rebuke do not have a cap on how many HD worth of undead you can have over its uses. As such if you create undead and/or already rebuked some increasing their turn resistance just makes them harder for others to mess with them.

emoplato

First Post
Empolato, I don't understand, could you explain please?
I mean that if you are looking into a Necromantic cleric you can rebuke as often as you can without relinquishing control of the ones you already have. As such having feats and items that increase turn resistance for your undead doesn't affect undead that aren't yours in the first place. Only when they become yours do they get the additional turn resistance making it harder for other characters to turn or rebuke your army.

Vegepygmy

First Post
Empolato, I don't understand, could you explain please?
I think he's just saying that turn resistance makes it harder to take command over undead creatures, but once they're under your command they aren't any harder to keep control over; that is, a 3 HD undead creature with turn resistance +2 is still a 3 HD undead creature for purposes of how many HD of undead you can have under your command at one time, and is not considered a 5 HD undead creature for that purpose. (And that's correct.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads