D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Updating Savage Species

gfunk

First Post
So, since I got the 3.5 rule books, our new low level campaign will be fully switching over this Sunday. However, I am playing a Trumpet Archon (level 3) who, according to the 3.5 MM, has gained several powerful new abilities:

1. +10 Con (13 to 23)
2. DR 10/Evil instead of 10/+1
3. +2 racial bonus to Aura of Menace
4. Ability to use domain slots for clerical spells

Should I incorporate these into my 20 level progression?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Yes

If you are converting everything else then yes you should add these into the progression.

Some suggestions:

1. +10 Con (13 to 23)

Add this in as a +1 to CON at every even level. That spreads it out over the full 20 level progression.

2. DR 10/Evil instead of 10/+1
3. +2 racial bonus to Aura of Menace

These are easy changes. Self explanetory.

This I would need to see more detail on but seems like it shouldnt be a huge issue.

drnuncheon

Explorer
gfunk said:

Isn't this a part of the 3.0 version? I would think that "casts spells as a 14th level Cleric" would include the domain slots, since they're part of the cleric's spellcasting.

J

gfunk

First Post
Re: Re: [3.5] Updating Savage Species

drnuncheon said:

Isn't this a part of the 3.0 version? I would think that "casts spells as a 14th level Cleric" would include the domain slots, since they're part of the cleric's spellcasting.

J

No. If you look in Savage Species, for instance, it states that Ghaeles (for instance) can cast spells as 14th level clerics too and they can choose spells from additional domains as well. But they specifically don't get domain abilities or slots.

gfunk

First Post
Re: Yes

Khaalis said:
If you are converting everything else then yes you should add these into the progression.

Some suggestions:

1. +10 Con (13 to 23)

Add this in as a +1 to CON at every even level. That spreads it out over the full 20 level progression.

In SS, they always use +2 ability increases never just +1.

I was thinking +2 Con at the following levels:
3, 7, 11, 15, 19

How does that sound?

dravot

First Post
Re: Re: Yes

gfunk said:

In SS, they always use +2 ability increases never just +1.

I was thinking +2 Con at the following levels:
3, 7, 11, 15, 19

How does that sound?

Looks just jiffy. Go for it! :cool:

Remove ads