D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5]What does Disrupting Weapon Do?

Iron_Chef

First Post
I assume it recreates the disruption property of the same name in the DMG magic weapons section. Probably for 1 round/level. Bladebane in Unapproachable East recreates the Bane property for 1 round/level in the same way, so I'm betting what 3.5 is using for it is basically the same spell as in UE, but using a different magic weapon property--in this case, disruption.

Theoreticaly, disrupting weapon should be the prequisite spell to create a magic weapon of disruption, rather than anything else. Not sure 3.5 did this, however.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Clr 5

VS

1 melee weapon

1r/level

Any undead creature with HD equal to or less than your caster level must succeed on a Will save or be destroyed utterly if struck in combat with this weapon. Spell resistance does not apply against the destruction effect.

Cheers

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Clr 5

VS

1 melee weapon

1r/level

Any undead creature with HD equal to or less than your caster level must succeed on a Will save or be destroyed utterly if struck in combat with this weapon. Spell resistance does not apply against the destruction effect.

Cheers

Sweet! This and Mass Heal make hunting the Undead fun. To bad we don't have them in our campaign any more (or at least only a couple. It's actually funny: When I played a rogue there, there were lots of undead, and many encounters I would do next to no damage. Now that I play a cleric after my rogue died and my ninja went home, there are almost no undead in the game).

Is this spell a prereq for disrupting weapons?

If we're at it: what's the prereq for Vorpal weapons?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Originally posted by KaeYoss

Is this spell a prereq for disrupting weapons?

No, heal. :rolleyes: Looks like they didn't get the thinking joined up there.

If we're at it: what's the prereq for Vorpal weapons?

Keen Edge and Circle of Death.

Cheers

Remove ads