D&D General 38 Year Campaign

Zardnaar

Legend
1E never dies I suppose although it doesn't actually mention edition.

Sounds a bit more like same world 38 years.

Either way that's some dedication.

Oops someone else has posted it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Sounds like it has evolved so much you would not recognize it. Kind of like if you had an antique car and over time you replaced every part, is it still the same antique.
That's why I'd love to see them! 38 years of house ruling and alterations to make the game better suited to their playstyle, it would be something awesome to see.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
They have them posted on their site - The Rules

Much of it doesn't seem to me to be like D&D anymore...
Definitely seems like he's made a lot of changes. I like how he is so open to building a class to fit a character type. I do find his rule of only regaining your magical spells back when you level to be overly harsh, but then it seems to have worked well for his group. I also like the armour as damage reduction and evasion for evading attacks. Sounds like there is some cool stuff there, I'd like to read his changes in more detail but they don't seem to appear on the site.

Warforged DK

Explorer
There was a guy in Kansas City who had been running a pretty regular game since the mid 80's. It was a mix of 1e and 2e with some houserules, but same world, same mega campaign from the beginning. Nearly all adventures were completed in 1 sitting to account for changing players. Sometimes it was 2 or 3, biggest table I saw for him was 10. Last I heard from him was when we were really excited about 5e and were playing the playtest- he really tried crapping all over WotC, calling them greedy and such.

1E never dies I suppose although it doesn't actually mention edition.

Sounds a bit more like same world 38 years.
Back around 2005 I knew a gaming group that had been playing AD&D 1e since circa 1980 and was changing editions from 1e to 3.5e.

I'm not in touch with them very much anymore so I don't know if they still play or what edition though. I know some of the members have moved apart in the last few years, so I suspect they aren't still gaming now thoguh.

Remove ads