• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3e Character Advancement Too Fast?

What do you think about the speed at which characters advance in levels in 3e?

• Way too fast

Votes: 61 24.5%
  • A little too fast

Votes: 96 38.6%
  • Just right

Votes: 78 31.3%
  • A little too slow

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Way too slow

Votes: 1 0.4%

magnas_veritas

First Post
Destil said:
It's an entire non-issue. It's too easy to change and too much of a campaign style choice. The default is just a refrence point to factor as you wish.

It's quite easy to cut out the CR system altogether and just give ad hoc story awards, so advancement's at a controlled pace.

The campaign I'm in has been going on for over two years now. We started at 5th level, and my character just hit 20th. Two sessions ago, he was 18th; we had big huge fights both sessions, but that makes up for the two-three months I spent getting 500-1000 xp/session. The party's paladin-priest is a level behind, since he spends vast quantities of XP on item creation.

Brad

Iced Tea

First Post
Thats too bad to hear Cream. ya my brothers are going to go off to college with in a month and i will be left with two of my friends who arent really new to 3e but dont really know the rules, and arent really patient enought o understand why i love wizards that reach highlevel or the potential of clerics either. they did surprise me with their ability to handle a battle that was too hard for them though i did make the harded creatures not focus on tehm a lot so they were able to take them on one at a time. so for now im giving them a campaign that wont really require a lot of magical abilities (though it would help them alot). so anyway, if you are coming to chicago to go to college i might be able to help you find some people to game with.:D

Remove ads