3PP Release (3rd Party Book Release) Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e, written by Steampunkette!

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Well, I generally dislike psionics - but I still backed. I will say I am much happier to buy a psionics 3PP supplement than it be in the core rules.
I thank you, regardless. And hope against hope Paranormal Power can convince you psionics can be cool without just being "Spellcasting 2: Mindbullet Boogaloo"
Huh. That's kind of interesting. I had a half-drow character that had the ability to do that kind of forcibly bestowed upon him through magical torture back in the 2E days. It was heavily inspired by the Tzimisce from Vampire: the Masquerade. It also kind of revealed that he was actually a full blood elf, as the process separated his drow and surface elf halves symmetrically across his body.
Great way to play around with body horror and explorations of an abused mindset, for certain!

dave2008

Legend
I thank you, regardless. And hope against hope Paranormal Power can convince you psionics can be cool without just being "Spellcasting 2: Mindbullet Boogaloo"
To be honest, if I use psionics in a fantasy game it would be as another type of magic. So I personally prefer psionics as spellcasting 2.

However, I am more likely you use psionics in a sci-fy or quasi-modern type game and then I would be interested in mechanics outside of spellcasting. So, if I go back to that genre - this will be a good resource for that.

Gnome Rager

Villager
5 days... super excited to get my copy and congrats at how well its gone so far. Now the OGL debacle is hopefully behind us, I look forward to seeing what you're going to work on next

Steampunkette

Supporter
5 days... super excited to get my copy and congrats at how well its gone so far. Now the OGL debacle is hopefully behind us, I look forward to seeing what you're going to work on next
Martial Artistry already has 7 combat traditions, there's 4 writers who want to work on The Lands Beyond, and I've got 7,000+ words for a Magic focused book (particularly kind of warlocky) but I'm hoping to save those for an official release with Paul Hughes and EN Publishing.

If I wind up stacking that into the 20,000-30,000 range I'll probably just release it myself, though.

(Edit) Just waking up, forgive my spelling.

Last edited:

Steampunkette

Supporter
Also of note:

We're at $13,775 so there's a good chance we'll hit $14,000 today! There's also plenty of discounted $10 PDF copies available, if anyone was looking at the book with desire and their wallet with sorrow. Like 130 that haven't been claimed!

Remove ads