3PP Release (3rd Party Book Release) Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e, written by Steampunkette!

dave2008

Legend
Looking good so far and I am ashamed to admit the AI art really works for this book (mostly).

@Steampunkette Are you open to comments / feedback? Can you still make changes before you go to print?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Looking good so far and I am ashamed to admit the AI art really works for this book (mostly).

@Steampunkette Are you open to comments / feedback? Can you still make changes before you go to print?
Comments and feedback are welcome, but the print is already ready to go as soon as the surveys are filled out. I'm locked in, there, unless we wanna do another week or two of pre-media.

dave2008

Legend
Comments and feedback are welcome, but the print is already ready to go as soon as the surveys are filled out. I'm locked in, there, unless we wanna do another week or two of pre-media.
Up to you of course, I noticed a few things and I imagine once you get 700 pairs of eyes on it they will notice a few more. I'm not getting a hardcopy so I can't speak for those people, but if I was I would be happy wait, despite being eager to get their hands on the product.

Steampunkette

Supporter
Up to you of course, I noticed a few things and I imagine once you get 700 pairs of eyes on it they will notice a few more. I'm not getting a hardcopy so I can't speak for those people, but if I was I would be happy wait, despite being eager to get their hands on the product.
What'd you run into? I'm keeping a changelog for updates since I can always revise the PDF further.

dave2008

Legend
What'd you run into? I'm keeping a changelog for updates since I can always revise the PDF further.
What I noticed, as I am a visual person, is a format issue IMO. Some spell titles are cut off oddly/inconveniently, see below in the spoiler.

The left one is annoying, but it is on the same page. However the right one I have to go to the next page to get the spell description. I checked quickly and it looked like there was room to correct both without much issue - but I could be wrong.

1675364523469.png

dave2008

Legend
Also, monsters don't have their bloodied HP listed which is typical for A5e monsters. Sorry to nitpick and it works fine without that - it just jumped out to me immediately. Probably because I spent a bit of time updated my 200+ monsters on these forums to include the bloodied hit points!

Steampunkette

Supporter
Sadly, @dave2008, there's no way to fix the powers, there, to make them all fit the page correctly. I tried for a while before letting it flow like that. The best I could've done is drop the Telepath image to the next page somewhere to make room, but Homebrewery didn't like that and I wound up pushing 2 lines past the page end. I could cut out a few sentences, maybe, but the wording is pretty tight in there, unfortunately.

And yeah, I did miss out on the bloodied values... foo.

dave2008

Legend
Sadly, @dave2008, there's no way to fix the powers, there, to make them all fit the page correctly. I tried for a while before letting it flow like that. The best I could've done is drop the Telepath image to the next page somewhere to make room, but Homebrewery didn't like that and I wound up pushing 2 lines past the page end. I could cut out a few sentences, maybe, but the wording is pretty tight in there, unfortunately.

And yeah, I did miss out on the bloodied values... foo.
I'm not very familiar with Homebrewery, but I remember avoiding it for reasons like this when I was trying to make something I hoped to publish. I used a word template instead. Of course, maybe I would have finished it had I used HB! ;)

Remove ads