• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Infiniti2000

First Post
I don't have the time to do new bad guys this morning, so it'll have to be sometime tonight, EST. I only briefed looked at the Bodak Reaver, but I'm not thinking that Good is gonna have a good time with him, IYKWIMAITYD.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Can I get a confirmation of Kojack's position? I am assuming 50N55E.

Good Guys:
Vin (feygrove choker): 69/91hp, injured
Dustin (hook horror, leader): 71/150hp, bloodied, dazed, weakened
Ghengis (dwarf warlord) 25/83hp, bloodied, dazed, weakened

Round 84: (Yoko resets SW on round 85, Ghengis resets SW on round 86, Dustin resets SW & AP on round 86)

Vin releases Jeremy, moves to 35N60E. He throws out a tentacle at Kojack and gets zapped for 5 necrotic. 18+17-2, hit. 12 damage and Kojack is grabbed.

Dustin drops Jeremy and attacks Kojack, getting zapped for 5 necrotic. 19+21-2+2, hit. Kojack takes max damage, 18/2 = 9, and followup 16+19+2-2 vs. Fort, hit. Kojack is grabbed. Some lucky rolls so far. Dustin fails his save (6). Ruh-roh.

Ghengis does not recharge ( :4: ). He moves to 75N55E. He does not make his save (5).

Infiniti2000

First Post
Sorry, Kojack started at 60n55e and then shifted south to 55n55e. Was it Vin's intent to occupy part of Jeremy's square? I'm guessing not so I put Vin at 40n60e.

Bad Guys:
Yoko Oni (oni, SW): 68/68hp, full
Jeremy Irons (ettin jack-of-irons, ex-leader, SW): -3/119hp, dying (1)
Senshock (spectral magelord, AP, SW): 38/38hp, full
Kojack (bodak reaver, leader, SW): 154/175hp + 15thp, injured, grabbed (Vin)

Yoko Oni fails to recharge anything ( :4: ). She moves to 45n60e and looks down.

Jeremy Irons holds steady (16).

Senshock recharges ( :4: ). He drops a spectral dissipation angling only for Vin, 17+8 vs. Will for 18 necrotic and -2 on defenses for remainder of encounter.

Kojack targets Dustin with his death gaze, 16+20 Fortitude, Dustin is reduced to 0hp and is teleported out! Kojack drinks in the death of Dustin and gains +1 on attacks until the end of his next turn and gains 15 thp. He breaks out of the grapple, 17+15 vs. Fort. Do the thp last longer than till the end of his next turn? I'd have to think yes, but not sure.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I think the temp hp last the entire encounter, but do not stack.

Good Guys:
Clint (runecarved eidolon, leader, SW, AP): 59/59hp, full
Vin (feygrove choker): 46/91hp, injured, -2 defenses
Ghengis (dwarf warlord) 20/83hp, bloodied

Round 85: (Ghengis resets SW on round 86)

Clint Eastwood the large runecarved eidolon appears at 55N45E and shoots up a divine beacon. All of his allies have +2 to hit and +5 damage. Anybody who wants to attack Clint needs to beat his 21 Will with a Wisdom check first. He begs Kojack to attack him. "Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?"

Vin loops to 60N55E and attacks Kojack, after getting zapped. 10+17-2+2+2, miss.

Ghengis recharges everything ( :6: ). He charges to 60N55E with his battleaxe and gets zapped. 14+17+1-2+2, hit. 13+5 damage (15 temp, 3 real). Ghengis makes his save (18).

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: I thought you ruled that big creatures cannot straddle the posts like that?

Here're my positions prior to your turn:

Kojack: 55n55e
Yoko: 45n60n20z
Senshock: 55n105e20z
Jeremy: 30n55e

Vin: 40n60e
Ghengis: 75n55e

I can't figure out why Vin has two +2's (one from the new ability). I also can't figure out how Ghengis charges into Vin's square. :)

Gansk

Explorer
Sorry, I keep forgetting about the VZ posts.

Jeremy should be at 35N50E. That is where Ghengis pushed him, and he never escaped both grabs after that.

Place Vin at 50N60E and Clint at 60N45E. The goal was to have Clint provide flanking for Vin, which is the extra +2.

Ghengis remains at 60N55E.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Okay, so my mistake on Jeremy prompted the mess. Glad I could help. :)

Bad Guys:
Yoko Oni (oni, SW): 68/68hp, full
Jeremy Irons (ettin jack-of-irons, ex-leader, SW): -3/119hp, dying (2)
Senshock (spectral magelord, AP, SW): 38/38hp, full
Kojack (bodak reaver, leader, SW): 151/175hp, injured

Yoko Oni fails to recharge anything ( :3: ). She becomes incorporeal and flies to 25n40e5z, hovering (not falling).

Jeremy Irons shifts while unconscious :) and then continues dying (3).

Senshock recharges ( :6: ). He drops a spectral dissipation again targeting only Vin, 17+8 (reroll, not copied/paste lol) vs. Will for 17 necrotic and -2 on defenses for remainder of encounter. Not a great attack bonus, but deals a lot of damage.

Kojack takes the bait, 17+12 wisdom check (no, really, yet another roll), and swings his greataxe, 18+23 for max 18 damage plus 6 necrotic, plus Clint is dazed and weakened. Holy smokes, this d20 is so hot it caught fire!

Gansk

Explorer
Oops, Clint's divine beacon also means his enemies get -5 to their attacks. They still hit.

Good Guys:
Clint (runecarved eidolon, leader): 39/59hp, injured, dazed, weakened
Vin (feygrove choker): 24/91hp, bloodied, -4 defenses, +2 AC
Ghengis (dwarf warlord, SW) 15/83hp, bloodied

Ghenghis rallies the troops and triggers Clint's SW.

Round 86: (Ghengis resets SW)

Clint makes a twin slam as a standard action after getting zapped for 10. 11+17+2-2, miss. 15+17+2-2, hit. 10/2 = 5 damage. The divine beacon goes away, so Clint uses his AP to reset it. He misses his save (9).

Vin shifts to 45N60E and shoots a tentacle at Yoko. 10+17+2, hit. 14+5/2 = 9 damage, but I guess he can't grab gas. Vin blends in with his surroundings and gains concealment.

Ghengis does not recharge RtT ( :3: ). He uses Drive Into Peril, and gets zapped. 15+17-2+2, hit. Kojack takes min damage, 9+5, and is pushed to 40N60E. Vin makes another attack and gets zapped. 3+17+2-2, miss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads