4E Class Survivor - Round 11

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Druid

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Ranger

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 12 8.0%

• Poll closed .

Dire Human

First Post
URGH. You guys! Why are you squabbling over the Avenger and Druid? THE RANGER HAS TO DIE. Yes, I've finally given in to these threads and am now posting with Dire Caps Lock™.

HE'S BORING. GO AWAY. PLAY A SEEKER OR BARBARIAN OR TEMPEST FIGHTER.

yesnomu

First Post
Plus he was not keen on figuring out how to plunge into melee as a beast and then cast ranged spells at the same time while provoking opportunity attacks.
Here, at least, WotC throws you a bone: when you shift out of beast form, you may also shift one square.

As for control, my game's druid does fine, although he intends to avail himself of Primal Power at the earliest opportunity. He loves using Grasping Tide to restrict movement and Swarming Locusts to grant allies CA.

I voted for Ranger, because of the homogeneity. Very sad, since two of my favorite classes are front-runners to die.

My goodness there are some backward people voting on this poll! Why can't you all see that the caffeine free, sugar free, 99% fun free diet lite wizard deserves the boot? Sheesh :mad::confused:

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise ;)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Save the druid, kill the avenger!

Unfortnately, don't have much against Avenger, even though I've always liked Druids. Since they're both going next one way or the other, I figure I'll start plugging away at Wizard now for failing to actually do battlefield control. And then...the arduous task of killing the fighter...

It'd be a shame if Ranger goes soon. Them and Rogues are probably the two best classes, but seems to be a lot of ranger-hate.

Jack99

Adventurer
The two are not mutually exclusive.
'course not, just a good bit rarer..

Unfortnately, don't have much against Avenger, even though I've always liked Druids. Since they're both going next one way or the other, I figure I'll start plugging away at Wizard now for failing to actually do battlefield control. And then...the arduous task of killing the fighter...
You haven't played a wizard have you? He owns the battlefield - when he uses dailies anyway....
It'd be a shame if Ranger goes soon. Them and Rogues are probably the two best classes, but seems to be a lot of ranger-hate.
Online, we call it DPS-envy ;)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, yes. Considering that he was previously an unholy beast who bestrode the game like a colossus, trampling fighters and rogues beneath his curly-toed slippers... :)

I don't expect him to be broken or good at everything. But if you choose to be a battlefield control wizard, take the orb implement, and all the appropriate powers, I'd expect him to be at least almost as good as a previous edition wizard who just learned a bunch of BC spells on the side... Granted, I didn't see any of the splat books, but with the core powers, Wizard is far more "area damage" focused than controlling.

Remove ads